Current Insurance Said No!

CALLAKN

Electrician / Linesman
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Current insurance company said no to modifications.... oppsssss

so i have had a quote from Adrian flux who basically quoted me on the van being anywhere between that, and a camper van, and the vehicle is insured with a limitless time of it being converted.. at £1200

and brentacre have come in at £980... with only medications effecting performance will effect the premium - fair play.

Annoying that theyre more expensive than when i was 22 with an S3, buttttt when its stolen and i am down to only 3 YNCB, its what i have to put up with!!

Brentacre seems like the one?! any reason i shouldn't pull trigger on the company and quote?!

Current insurance company said no to modifications.... oppsssss

so i have had a quote from Adrian flux who basically quoted me on the van being anywhere between that, and a camper van, and the vehicle is insured with a limitless time of it being converted.. at £1200

and brentacre have come in at £980... with only medications effecting performance will effect the premium - fair play.

Annoying that theyre more expensive than when i was 22 with an S3, buttttt when its stolen and i am down to only 3 YNCB, its what i have to put up with!!

Brentacre seems like the one?! any reason i shouldn't pull trigger on the company and quote?!
This is where it's good to be old, £270 for me, but it's no wonder your insurance is higher if you're taking performance enhancing medication :rofl:

Looooool, bad isnt it when is struggled to get a quote for under a grand on a 2.0 diesel van, against my old 300bhp s3, THREE YEARS AGO! I've just turned 25.

My insurance co (Direct Line) wanted £300 to insure my van then they contacted me to say they'd made a mistake and it should be £247 per year. I'll take that thanks.

I'm with @andys. Sometimes age has its advantages. Not many but there's a few.

@CALLAKN. Maybe the insurers don't like the 'modifications' aspect and are hitting you with such a high premium as a result. It would be interesting to know how much they'd charge to insure a camper that had already been converted and registered as such. I'm sure it'll be a different premium than for one being converted. Just a hunch though.

NFU Mutual have just beaten Brentacre for me.. will all mods and windscreen included in 200 excess

Or A plan, (Thatcham branch)?
A-plan for me too. The Thatcham branch are the ones to go to for modified vans. I have many mods. They tell you just to call them up and tell them what mods you’ve added as and when, so they can add them to your policy. Yes they do say that everything is covered up to any engine performance alterations. However, having just had a stage 1 remap; called them told them, no increase in premium.

A-plan for me too. The Thatcham branch are the ones to go to for modified vans. I have many mods. They tell you just to call them up and tell them what mods you’ve added as and when, so they can add them to your policy. Yes they do say that everything is covered up to any engine performance alterations. However, having just had a stage 1 remap; called them told them, no increase in premium.
Great news.. saves so much hassle

NFU Mutual have just beaten Brentacre for me.. will all mods and windscreen included in 200 excess

my family are with NFU, and my partners farms are with NFU... so you'd think they'd do me a deal! HA!

I know the branch manager/partner, and my partners family are with a different branch, and they seem to pay half the wages in the office they have that much insured ! So you’d hope it’d help !!

I know the branch manager/partner, and my partners family are with a different branch, and they seem to pay half the wages in the office they have that much insured ! So you’d hope it’d help !!
I was quite surprised with what offer they came back with tbh.. especially when main stream brokers could match it..

I was quite surprised with what offer they came back with tbh.. especially when main stream brokers could match it..
It's a mystery to me.....NFU couldn't get near Brentacre or A plan....switched to Brentacre this time.

NFU pulled it out the bag, after only having 3 years NCB from a claim I made on a theft of my vehicle, NFU have come back and said they’d give me all 7 NCB which is what u should be on for coming back to them! Winning! And £100 cheaper than my quote from brentacre

thats great news as i'm with A-plan and getting a stage 1 re-map. I was wondering how much my premium will go up, fingers crossed it will be zero like you :thumbsup:

Who's mapped their 150? and how much better does it feel?!

Mapped my old 170 A3, and that came out at 206/330ft lbs... was like a train!

Brentacre said a remap wouldnt effect my premium as it was just for more torque and not BHP......honest !!

Back