Cruise control malfunction

Luis Correia

I just bought a 2016 vw Caravelle. The cruise control turns on however it doesn't become active - the white signal of the cruise control turns on but I press set and it doesn't activate (no green signal)
Does anyone had this problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks

Are you turning it on then setting it at your desired speed? Or ar you just turning it on?

Does the res button work if you dial up a speed manually, and you are moving yes?

I presume you don't have VCDS so can you post the pohoto of your vehicle factory specification?
It is a white sticker with a lot of black numbers and letters. One is located above drivers pedals and second one is on the second page of your service schedule book.

Reactions: mmi
I just noticed that the car starts without pressing the clutch pedal.
I thougth it might be the Clutch Cruise Control Switch however in this model it doesn't have it. Does anyone know which is the replacement part?

Thanks for all you help and merry chrismas.

I just found 2 stikers near the clunch. one is almost unreadable (pictures 2 and 4), picture 3 seems to be the part number. In picture 1 is the information I got with a ODBC reader.
I don't know if this is of any use.

20201224_145501.jpg

20201224_150311.jpg

20201224_150453.jpg

20201224_153628.jpg

Thank you very mutch. I still didn't find it and i don't have the user book. I supose it had follen down. so i'll have to ask for production codes in the dealership.

Thank you very mutch. I still didn't find it and i don't have the user book. I supose it had follen down. so i'll have to ask for production codes in the dealership.
One VIP membership benefit is the ability to request your build sheet from your VIN ;)

If you can it would be very nice.

The VIN is WV2ZZZ7HZGH129443

Thanks
When I asked you for this sticker my intention was to establish your factory equipment and see if your cruise control was not retrofitted.

If you want to get your build sheet from this forum you have to buy VIP membership first.

Reactions: mmi
Back