Cricklade van with aftermarket switch behind indicator

Probably need a bit more info- what after market extras do you have, is it a camper conversion or ex AA or Rac…..

Alster, it’s a 2017 T6 204 dsg. Professionally converted (pampered panels, cricklade- no longer going). We bought from previous owner. As far as aware standard fitted stuff - eberspacher 801, sergeant electrics, domestic fridge). It doesn’t light not obviously seem to do anything. I’ve made enquiries of the previous owner.

Probably need a bit more info- what after market extras do you have, is it a camper conversion or ex AA or Rac…..
As Alster said, more info is key.

Alster, it’s a 2017 T6 204 dsg. Professionally converted (pampered panels, cricklade- no longer going). We bought from previous owner. As far as aware standard fitted stuff - eberspacher 801, sergeant electrics, domestic fridge). It doesn’t light not obviously seem to do anything. I’ve made enquiries of the previous owner.

That switch could have been for all manner of things - from an amp / sub to leisure electrics, auxiliary lighting to internal fans.
If the previous keeper or another Cricklade owner isn’t forthcoming and you cannot find anything it seems to control, then you’ll have to take the long-winded route and trace the wiring from the switch to see where it leads.
Or ignore it :laugh:
Title amended to assist with search

could be any thing?

but these switches are normally used for lighting.

post some pics of the inside of the van, well see if we can see anything that stands out?

Have you tried operating it with ignition on and off?

If it has an indicator on I would expect it to be for something you would want to know was left on so something unusual, hidden, not often used.

Things that come to mind are heaters, forced DC-DC charging, disabling some function while camping (like power tailgate)

Have you tried operating it with ignition on and off?

If it has an indicator on I would expect it to be for something you would want to know was left on so something unusual, hidden, not often used.

Things that come to mind are heaters, forced DC-DC charging, disabling some function while camping (like power tailgate)
and the LED on the switch will not necessarily be wire to work, so don't assume if the LED doesn't ON/OFF that the switch doesn't do anything.

Back