Cream coloured tube in sliding door.

willythepooh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I thought that a tube in the sliding door was a drain for the window.
I am pretty sure that the water from the window doesn’t go anywhere other than out of the black plastic cover, underneath and then to the outside.
In that case, what’s the tube ?

There is a cup to catch the water from the window and then the tube takes the water to the bottom of the door where there is an exit point.

I didn’t see one on the other side of the van, where there isn’t a door.
I thought they just drained out of the outside of the panel, just underneath the window ?

Never thought of that. VW also told me that the door handle also lets water through so perhaps the tube is mainly for that so the same is not required for the non door side?

Never thought of that. VW also told me that the door handle also lets water through so perhaps the tube is mainly for that so the same is not required for the non door side?
The tube and cup are to catch and drain off water that runs in through the sliding door handle when you open it or if it doesn't seal correctly. I unfortunately know this as mine was leaking so had to remove the cup and reseal it

My T6 is leaking through the sliding door handle and dripping off the key barrel. There is no cup or tube so I have no idea whether the handle should seal or the water is collected and drained. There appears to be no drain holes in sliding door. Any suggestions anyone?

My T6 is leaking through the sliding door handle and dripping off the key barrel. There is no cup or tube so I have no idea whether the handle should seal or the water is collected and drained. There appears to be no drain holes in sliding door. Any suggestions anyone?
Probably worth trying to source the cup and tube from a vw parts centre as no matter how well you seal the handle you will still get leakage when you open it if it's wet. There should be a drain hole at the bottom, you can see it from the inside when the sliding door is open. Part no. 36 and the tube below. Volkswagen Transporter Kombi (2016 - 2017) - rotary latch lock. remote control lock. connecting rod. inner actuator. repair kit for safety locking. for vehicles with child safety catch. door handle, exterior. > VAG ETKA Online > Nemiga.com

Probably worth trying to source the cup and tube from a vw parts centre as no matter how well you seal the handle you will still get leakage when you open it if it's wet. There should be a drain hole at the bottom, you can see it from the inside when the sliding door is open. Part no. 36 and the tube below. Volkswagen Transporter Kombi (2016 - 2017) - rotary latch lock. remote control lock. connecting rod. inner actuator. repair kit for safety locking. for vehicles with child safety catch. door handle, exterior. > VAG ETKA Online > Nemiga.com
Thanks Davidh,

Someone must have removed the funnel and tube. I could only source from Germany so I have rigged up a funnel and tube to take the water away. I also found that taking the lock and handle out, sealing behind gaskets and silicon grease moving parts reduced the amount of water entering. No leaks now. Thanks

Threads merged

After some help please guys ?

I’ve taken the cover off my sliding door ready to start insulating prior to lining it, and I was faced with this white hose and plastic cover freely dangling

I’m guessing it’s some kind of drain for the internal door mechanism but I can’t work out how it is supposed to be attached. Googled a few things with no success, so if anyone can offer help or show how it should be attached it would be much appreciated

Cheers

948C86C6-5106-4196-B203-CC06B6D22DE7.jpeg

Back