Crank case oil seal leak ?

Bodyboarder81

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Poking around the T6 the other day and noticed a bit of an oil leak … was sue for a service anyway , so got my local VW to have a look at it . Turns out it’s leaking form the crank case oil seal …. This a common issue ?

Also I was told that the ‘ all in vw extended warranty’ doesn’t cover oil leaks !!!

Luckily for me the branch phoned VW and they are paying 50% and my local VW ( breeze Totton ) are going to cover the other 50% as they said we appreciate your custom .

Yes it is. Have a search on the Forum and you’ll soon find the cases, caused by seal not meeting specification so you really should be covered by warranty.
Assuming it’s the free end crankshaft seal it maybe worth replacing the timing belt / water pump kit and possibly the aux’ belt / tensioner at the same time to save on labour cost at a later date.
IMO worth pursuing with VW warranty once you have put the evidence to them that this is a common, known issue.

Ah ok thanks for the reply ….. can’t say fairer than what they are doing to be fair , as it’s not costing me anything . I’ll see if I can do the cam belt / water pump at the same time .

When is the cam belts / WP due on these ? Every 5 years ?

Back