Covering my multiflex board

Ukfozzybear

OBDii User
T6 Guru
I'd like to cover my multiflex board with something like the Alcantara type material I see people using on panels when re trimming for audio etc.
Does anyone have any recommendations for what to use and adhesive. I hate the laminate top and nothing stays put it just slides all over the place.

Thanks

I have a multi-flex that I bought but have not used. I was wanting one for a while, bought one. The dealer put it in the back for me, which was a giggle because there was quite a few trying to guess how it went. It was a case of how many VW sales guys does it take to fit a multi-flex? They are exceptionally well made and I think quite cleaver. However after spending all that dosh, realised that it is not for us as good as it is. So it set up in the living room with a few books on it. Oh well, best plans an all of that. I can not think of another surface cover.

Like mine and make a lot of use of it but hate that it looks like someone slapped crappy melamine top on it. Looks odd compared to the alcantara seats.

It looks like alcantara is you bet choice then. You could pad it slightly underneath with foam or something like it to give it a comfort feel. Perhaps make a elasticated slip-over cover, that could be removed to allow for cleaning.

Think I may get some of this and upholstery spray.

I have a multi-flex that I bought but have not used. I was wanting one for a while, bought one. The dealer put it in the back for me, which was a giggle because there was quite a few trying to guess how it went. It was a case of how many VW sales guys does it take to fit a multi-flex? They are exceptionally well made and I think quite cleaver. However after spending all that dosh, realised that it is not for us as good as it is. So it set up in the living room with a few books on it. Oh well, best plans an all of that. I can not think of another surface cover.

hi do you want to sell your multi board,
cheers
Phil

Back