Courtesy light removal

Jonner

T6 Pro
Hi fitting downlights in rear of van have disconnected courtesy lights but now dash bulb out light is on .I don't want to refit them so how do I get over this many thanks .Jonner

It’s nothing to do with the courtesy lights, they’re not monitored. Check your exterior lights. It’s possible you’ve blown a fuse when removing them. Are your sidelights working?

Very easy to create a short circuit on the cab courtesy light and blow a fuse. Better to remove the fuse first.
As mentioned above check all light functions.
It is still possible to have a bulb out warning with all lamps working depending on lamp type and how the modification was made.

It’s nothing to do with the courtesy lights, they’re not monitored. Check your exterior lights. It’s possible you’ve blown a fuse when removing them. Are your sidelights working?
Will check later I bet you are right I've blown fuse thanks again

Very easy to create a short circuit on the cab courtesy light and blow a fuse. Better to remove the fuse first.
As mentioned above check all light functions.
It is still possible to have a bulb out warning with all lamps working depending on lamp type and how the modification was made.
Thanks will check when I get home.

Oh will plug them back in see if it goes out then cheers!
You don't need to plug them back in. The courtesy lights being out are not the issue.

Yes think I understand now I clumsily removed lights causing a short and blowing fuse thus triggering warning lamps out! Is that correct.

Yes think I understand now I clumsily removed lights causing a short and blowing fuse thus triggering warning lamps out! Is that correct.
That's what I'd put my money on. More than likely this fuse.

This Fuse (2).jpg

Back