wire interior lighting to leisure battery

osman

Steve O
VIP Member
T6 Guru
has anyone tried wiring all the interior lights eg when doors open, etc., so they run off the leisure battery?
I seem to remember somewhere someone said they run everything that can be off the leisure battery and I believe they included this I'm not sure.
it's probably a nightmare to do it and perhaps it would cause more problems than cure anything .. I just was at an event parked up for a day with lots of leaving
the van open trudging back and forth to fetch stuff etc .. anyhow my starter battery which is basically brand new .. felt a little sluggish starting up just after one day
of having the van being used like this. So my perhaps paranoid mind went into overthinking mode on this as usual and I thought how cool it would be to isolate
any use of the starter battery to just that .... starting!...
I have a glove box light that I can easily rewire for example as it was fitted aftermarket on a piggyback fuse connection. but I'm thinking interior lights that come on when doors are opened
I like the way they fade on and off and I like the timer...so was wondering if there is a way for the 'brain" of the van to still work as normal but for the feed to the lights to be altered to come from leisure battery? or am I just mad? .. I don't mind either way.

If you don’t actually need the lights e.g. it is daylight at the event, then just move the slider on the cab one and click the rear ones over to the off position so they won’t keep coming on every time you open the door.

Click them back afterwards :thumbsup:

If you don’t actually need the lights e.g. it is daylight at the event, then just move the slider on the cab one and click the rear ones over to the off position so they won’t keep coming on every time you open the door.

Click them back afterwards :thumbsup:
my rear ceiling light is off (it's not the original but does use the original plug to connect and basically functions the same way only much brighter and its an LED) and my cab light yup I did think of that is also set to off ....but I've got a side step light and four blue LEDs that come on on the interior of my tailgate ... I'm not sure I can remember where the hell the side step is connected but probably to the old wires for the front-rear original ceiling light am pretty sure that's also where I connected the four blue LEDs .... so yes I guess I could refit a switch to stop both that step light and the LEDs from coming on in the day! good suggestion ... ill do that in any case as even if they were running off the leisure battery who needs them coming on in the day .. although I would miss the blue LEDs! lol ..
also, I'm finding the concept of my starter battery becoming flat from just that step light and four LEDs coming on every now and then a bit suspect. its a brand new starter battery recently fitted .. there is nothing else running off that battery except for the head unit I never use without the engine running it also times out anyway if you did and the blue tooth doesn't work without the ignition on ... so should I even be worrying about a couple of lights coming on occasionally its not exactly what I would think of as heavy usage ..

Last edited:
More details fo here....

Back