Costs for new EGR plus fitting

dave_b

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I’ve had a series of engine faults, ranging from glow plug errors to EGR related errors.

Having an investigation done this week, I hope it’s just a new set of glow plugs, but just so I know, what would the cost be for supply (VW OEM part) and fitting of new EGR? (It’s an independent dealer, not VW main dealer).

66 plate Euro 6 engine.

Cheers
Dave

I’ve had a series of engine faults, ranging from glow plug errors to EGR related errors.

Having an investigation done this week, I hope it’s just a new set of glow plugs, but just so I know, what would the cost be for supply (VW OEM part) and fitting of new EGR? (It’s an independent dealer, not VW main dealer).

66 plate Euro 6 engine.

Cheers
Dave
VW Australia dealer charge.. new EGR including fitting: $1925 aud.

There are two different EGR units for a Euro 6.
If you want an accurate price for the part ask VW or TPS with your VIN details.
If you want a quote from garages, call them and compare quotes with and without supplying the OEM parts.

Slight thread hijack - I’ve not been to TPS for years as both nearest to me refused to serve me, as no trade account.

Has their stance changed or does it just depend on who serves you / branch decision?

Ian

66 plate Euro 6 engine.

Cheers
Dave
My best guess would be, £400 for the valve then £300 - £400 for fitting

66 plate Euro 6 engine.

Cheers
Dave
66 plate Euro 6 (not sure which though), just being done at local indy garage and it's looking to be slightly north of 1K. Bloody thing.

Correct, had mine done for around £260.
I have been losing small amounts of coolant and suspect the EGR cooler, Does a remap and delete also bypass the egr&cooler unit ? or get rid of it all together and replace it with a bridging assembly ? Or is a delete only to get rid of its function and wouldn't help me with my possible problem ?

I have been losing small amounts of coolant and suspect the EGR cooler, Does a remap and delete also bypass the egr&cooler unit ? or get rid of it all together and replace it with a bridging assembly ? Or is a delete only to get rid of its function and wouldn't help me with my possible problem ?

Sorry Rich, not really sure.
I kept getting a fault code, took it to VAS who diagnosed the EGR and said that they could delete it for around £700 less than replacing it. I have no idea what they did.

Back