Cost of respraying tailgate.

AndyP68

Greetings, my tailgate has had a proper bodge job done on it where they have tried to blend in the colour and there’s a small rust patch in the bottom right hand corner so I got a quote for a complete respray on the tailgate and have the rust issue sorted the quote was £1291, £800 pound of that is labour and it’s only the first quote I’ve got, does that sound a lot? To be honest I was thinking it might be about £600-£700

I haven't got much experience in this field, but that sounds wack. I had my Merc badly keyed down the nearside rear door and rear wing by some low life and had it sorted by a reputable independent body shop in Bristol for about £450. They resprayed both panels.

I had mine sprayed at the end of last year, the bill total was £795 .00 inc VAT, I think around £150.00 of that was the windscreen man removing & replacing the rear screen.
Tailgate now looks better than the rest of the van!

I had a second quote this week, £350 + vat, needless to say she’s booked in. I mentioned the price of the first quote and they were somewhat amazed by it. They never mentioned taking the rear screen out.

I had a second quote this week, £350 + vat, needless to say she’s booked in. I mentioned the price of the first quote and they were somewhat amazed by it. They never mentioned taking the rear screen out.
They can mask it off, I wouldn’t worry

Back