Cost effective performance upgrades 2.0 tsi

Yahya

Hi,

iv seen many posts on performance upgrades for the 2.0 tsi 204bhp engine. However, everyone is spending big money on upgrades, does anyone know or have done any cost effective upgrades that dont break the bank?

Hi,

iv seen many posts on performance upgrades for the 2.0 tsi 204bhp engine. However, everyone is spending big money on upgrades, does anyone know or have done any cost effective upgrades that dont break the bank?
Hi, it really depends what you mean by cost effective and don’t break the bank. Pendle claim their remap on your engine can give you near 300 horses and a shed load more torque for about £400. To me that sounds like a lot of bang for your buck. Or are we talking less money than that?

Thats what you call bang for your buck, iv already got Pendle performance remap as it was the sensible option back 2 years ago. But im looking for other upgrades that i personally can do without going to a garage. Does anyone know of anything that can be done at home to improve performance?

Back in my boy racer days we would throw in a K&N air filter, stick a stainless back box on the exhaust and claim ridiculous bhp increases! Worth about 50 extra horses if I remember correctly! :rofl:

Back