Cornwall, still open ??

C4S

T6 Pro
We are off to Cornwall, couldn’t face the huge crowds in the summer so we are off from Sunday 31st Oct for a week, it’s suddenly dawned on me that it’ll be dark by 6 o clock, then I wondered about the shops ? Cafes etc… will they still be open ? Is the pizza place at Mawgan Porth going to be selling pizza and Thai green curry ??

Or is the whole lot gonna be shut and closed for the winter ?

Any one been down lately ? What’s the consensus ?

Mawgan Porth kitchen by the sea 20 .30 closing so you will get something others beach box 18:00 noodle bar not looking good others are open i just googled it : you wont starve lol

noodle bar

don’t do any “silly” or high risk activities where an accident means you’d need an ambulance. The ambulance service is under extreme pressure down that way

A bit like Wast water in the summer ? 4 Canooist went out in high wind ! Toppled, made it shore ! One taken on water and the ambulance not the mountain rescue could get thro

don’t do any “silly” or high risk activities where an accident means you’d need an ambulance. The ambulance service is under extreme pressure down that way
THE hospital is full, all you’ll get is a mattress in the car park. Not an MP within 100 miles is my bet.

We are off to Cornwall, couldn’t face the huge crowds in the summer so we are off from Sunday 31st Oct for a week, it’s suddenly dawned on me that it’ll be dark by 6 o clock, then I wondered about the shops ? Cafes etc… will they still be open ? Is the pizza place at Mawgan Porth going to be selling pizza and Thai green curry ??

Or is the whole lot gonna be shut and closed for the winter ?

Any one been down lately ? What’s the consensus ?
Cornwall closes for the winter, great for the economy, minimum wage May - Sept, bugger all the rest of the year.
Business owners go off to their Spanish villas with the money.

Reactions: JOG
I had a lovely chat with the Mayor of Looe a few years ago when he was handing our prizes at a sailing regatta, his view was that the only time you see the real Cornwall is the winter when the tourists and part timers (residents and businesses) are off to warmer climes.. Some businesses might be closed but the local ones will be open, so you'll get better quality and you'll be giving money back to the locals.

Back