Cooling

Iainphilip

Hi
has anyone upgraded the cooling fan on a 2.0 tdi from 600w to 850w ,if so how did you get around the difference in connection plug as they are different and the colour of the two small thin wires don’t Match old unit ,anyone have any idea please

Interesting, I did this on my Touareg but have not seen this as an option on the T6

I have trouble with her overheating when towing large caravan ,vow advised upgrade fan , just confused about the two small wire connections

What is the part number or the upgraded fan?
What year and model is your Van?

These are the wire colours for the different fans. They all connect to the same place and all are powered by the 100A SA7 fuse so just a straight swap.
1657206963249.png

Last edited:
I have an early t6 without the adblu. Cooling fan part number 7E0121205E. VW say this has been replaced by 7E0121205K. Anyone know if there’s an aftermarket replacement part? I’ve found similar, but without the small vent flap on the passenger side which I don’t know it’s function as it sits in front of the coolant reservoir tank. Any advice appreciated. VW part is 6-700 quid. 102bhp 2015 diesel.

Back