Conversion ideas.

MarkHob

Security Consultant
T6 Pro
Relatively new member and have been researching on here for ideas, ready for SWB 204 DSG Kombi delivery late next year.
I've not seen anything exactly like I'm planning but apologies if this has already been discussed.
I'm looking to build a combined mobile office /MTB van. External look to be something like a Leighton / sport van but with swamper wheels/tyres and arch extensions. Internally I'd like a sealed off rear section big enough for 2 bikes, mid section 3 seater but room for a fridge and table, maybe push the rear seats back a bit from standard so possibly will require a LWB. Swivel front seats. Retain use of both side doors. Electric charging on the go for ebikes.
Not interested in sleeping or cooking facilities (wife don't do camping).
Main use is hauling bikes around the Alps but want to use the mid section as like an office whilst away.
Any suggestions on rear seating, mid/rear layout, under seat fridge maybe?
Also be interested in seeing any vans that have gone the hybrid sport/swamper route.
Maybe I'm asking too much for the space envelope available within Transporter?
Over to you gurus...

Relatively new member and have been researching on here for ideas, ready for SWB 204 DSG Kombi delivery late next year.
I've not seen anything exactly like I'm planning but apologies if this has already been discussed.
I'm looking to build a combined mobile office /MTB van. External look to be something like a Leighton / sport van but with swamper wheels/tyres and arch extensions. Internally I'd like a sealed off rear section big enough for 2 bikes, mid section 3 seater but room for a fridge and table, maybe push the rear seats back a bit from standard so possibly will require a LWB. Swivel front seats. Retain use of both side doors. Electric charging on the go for ebikes.
Not interested in sleeping or cooking facilities (wife don't do camping).
Main use is hauling bikes around the Alps but want to use the mid section as like an office whilst away.
Any suggestions on rear seating, mid/rear layout, under seat fridge maybe?
Also be interested in seeing any vans that have gone the hybrid sport/swamper route.
Maybe I'm asking too much for the space envelope available within Transporter?
Over to you gurus...
Two people bikes and luggage will take some very careful planning in a T6 especially with a rear bulkhead.
Much easier with a Crafter.
New Wave Custom Conversions have produced some one off vans with a ‘garage’, very good quality, not the cheapest and not the most expensive.

Two people bikes and luggage will take some very careful planning in a T6 especially with a rear bulkhead.
Much easier with a Crafter.
New Wave Custom Conversions have produced some one off vans with a ‘garage’, very good quality, not the cheapest and not the most expensive.
Luggage space would be minimal (just riding gear really) as we have a place over there and most trips would just be a weekend trip to more distant bike parks from our base and local hotel at night. I'll look at NWC thanks.

Had a look at Matt Jones Van Haven conversion on YouTube. Lots of good ideas there.
I might just steal all of them.
Need to decide on power requirements for fridge, laptop and ebike charging. Will likely be fine recharging on drive between tracks
Not sure whether to go leisure battery and inverter (which is what I have in current (cough) transit) or power bank with solar.

Back