Considering a T6, but some questions

steven43126

Hi,

We are considering a T6 kombi, with a dog and twins on the way it gives us enough space to cart everything around.

It would also be ab able to double duty for motorbike transport for trackdays.

Our only real reservation is were not used to driving a van. Is parking a pita, does it fit in a normal space etc.

Is the SWB fine for transporting motorbikes assuming seats removed or is a LWB recommended.

I've 90% made my mind up but something like a Skoda Octavia estate is still on the cards and probably less of a faff to park.

Swb is ok to fit in a superbike , if you get the two plus one seats in back you can get away with taking out just the single & pug bike in backwards .
Lwb much easier though .
Parking is no bother for either really .

Welcome!

I used to have a Skoda Superb and the footprint with my SWB is virtually the same - I think the van is 10cm longer. Height can be an issue in multi-storey carparks usually around 2.1 meters. Mine is lowered 40mm and fits under easily. Parkopedia app gives height restrictions.

Re motorbike - if its just you going and you’re taking out row 2 seats it will fit a swb ok. If you need row 2 seats in then I think you’ll need a LWB (based on how MTB’s fit in!)

Ian

Last edited:
Very rarely have a problem parking my LWB in a space - but that 15cm or so extra space you get inside just makes such a difference.

Hi @steven43126 .....whats the issue... a funmobil or an estate car....the van grows with ur family and you can get more in it...plus the higher driving position allow every one to see more....in my book that’s a win win

Hi,

We are considering a T6 kombi, with a dog and twins on the way it gives us enough space to cart everything around.

Our only real reservation is were not used to driving a van. Is parking a pita, does it fit in a normal space etc.

Is the SWB fine for transporting motorbikes assuming seats removed or is a LWB recommended.

I've 90% made my mind up but something like a Skoda Octavia estate is still on the cards and probably less of a faff to park.
Before I had my T6 Kombi I had an Audi A4 avant. The T6 beats the A4 in almost every respect. I have a SWB and it’s no more difficult to park than the Audi, very simple really. If you are concerned though, many come with parking sensors, some with reversing cameras to make life really easy.

The versatility of the Kombi is brilliant, with the seats out you should get track day bike(s) in no trouble. With seats in the back you’ll have more load space in the rear than you could ever hope for in an estate car.

Just go for it, you will not regret it. Until my kids grow up and move on I don’t think I’ll ever have another car as my daily drive/family vehicle, it’ll be a transporter Kombi.

Agree with ChrisR, I think my SWB is less than 2 inches longer than my previous A4 Avant and infinitely more practical, try to get an extended test drive from a dealer if you can (not sure how easy that is in the current COVID climate?)

We're running a Skoda Superb estate and a T6 SWB Kombi. The T6 is far more practical for all the reasons said in the above replies, in fact we got the T6 after the Superb because of the flexibility it offers.

SWMBO has an Octavia saloon and it makes a good combination with the van. I would have no hesitation having another Superb as they are comfortable, well appointed, spacious and class leading vehicles. That said we couldnt get all our camping gear in it and I’ve always fancied a van.

My Skoda was 6 years old when I sold it and while clean and well maintained completely original. The van has been lowered, different wheels and seating arrangement altered in the first weeks of ownership - its completely customisable to suit your needs.

I love driving it, it puts a smile on my face whereas the Skoda was A to B transport.

Not sure I’m helping!

Ian

I have a mate with a T5 T32 LWB. Unloaded, it sits high at the back. So loading bikes in the back is steep climb. My loaded T28 is perfect, but I’d never get a bike in there. Something to consider.
Sizewise - My SWB is the same length as a BMW 4 series.
I say get the Kombi!!!!! You won’t regret it

Just to add to the deluge of positivity :rofl: I wish I'd bought a Transporter years ago rather than last year.
I agree with all the other comments - a T6 has all the ability to use as a daily driver, but with extra abilities that no car can match, like putting a motorbike in the back!
I have no trouble parking my SWB kombi, it's not much bigger than an estate car when it comes to parking.
My wife has a Volvo XC60 which is just fantastic to drive, but I prefer driving my van!

And another thing.... My mates mondeo estate is actually longer than my T6. He loves to remind me until I point out that there is only 2 ft of headroom in the boot compared 4 ft in mine, plus the fact that everyone can sit upright so they're way more comfortable, and I can remove seats and I can sleep in it...

I haven’t camped in a tent, used a taxi or rented a room for the night since I’ve owned my campervan. It’s saved a small fortune in taxi fares.

Hi,

Forget all that.

Walk upto the van when it's raining, with a tired Mrs, grumpy baby in pram, you open the sliding door, click clack from pram to iso fix, literally talking less than 5 seconds, pram in the back, bungee down, no need to fold. Your talking 30 seconds max if you take your time.

Then once your Mrs loves it for how good it actually is, you come on here and spend all your money you should be spending on over priced milk powder on led lights and other stuff that you didn't know existed but genuinely need to buy.

Post pics when you get it :thumbsup:

Rich + 10 month old and tired Mrs

Back