Commercial vehicle/ dual-purpose vehicle/ T30/ T32 benefits help please!

Matt Conway

Hello all.

In a bit of a black hole of confusion, if anyone has even little slithers of light or shimmerings of opinion it would be appreciated.

I'm buying a short wheelbase Kombi, for work but also for use as the family car. I've worked out that it's not worth buying it through (my own) company.

So, it doesn't matter to me what it's classed as, but I have got an eye on selling it at a decent price further down the line, and it might matter to a future buyer. I was looking at a T30 102PS highline, but the dealer told me this wasn't available with a front dual passenger seat, I'd need a T32. I'm thinking now that maybe he meant this configuration would push the payload under 1 tonne

My question is: what are the advantages and disadvantages of the various weight classes? Will the T32 be more expensive to MOT? Will a T32 be easier to sell? Is there any way to have these vans classed as a dual-purpose vehicle?

Thanks.

If you search "speed limit" in the forum it'll take you to a whole bit about dual use that I posted. I tried to copy and paste it for you but it wouldn't work.

Back