Code Cocktail

nl1965

VIP Member
Returning home on Sunday and I got engine management light and then flashing glow plug light. Been with local garage today who report the following codes:

P010100 air flow low
P029900 turbo under boost
P001600 crankshaft camshaft correlation

They reset and said they couldn't get engine management light to come back on. I drove away with no light but then used the van from cold two hours later and the light was back on. Engine feels gutless and rough.

Any ideas?

Split in the intercooler? Look for oil stains through the lower front.

Sure enough Loz there is an oil stain across about 8 inches at the bottom of the intercooler. Have read a few threads about replacing DIY but if anyone has any tips before I tackle please feel free to post them.

Thanks again Loz for diagnosis. Not sure why local garage couldn't have taken this one step further and taken a look but I won't be going there again.

So changed the intercooler today and, despite a bit of a false start when I didn't quite manage to secure the pipe on the output side, the van seems to be running fine now - no smoke, plenty of torque and seems to be (may be an illusion) much quieter. I changed the air filter also. However, the engine management light has not extinguished. I have ordered a Carista dongle and hope this will enable me to reset. Hopefully the split in the intercooler was responsible for the previous codes. If not, does anyone know of a decent garage in South East Wales area?

Thanks to @Loz for the diagnosis and to everyone on here who has documented and recorded their solutions to the problems that our vans keep providing us with.

Reactions: Loz
Back