DTC Code : P00AF

T6Buddy

Please can anyone help with any advice on the Turbocharger / Supercharger Boost Control A Module Performance. I get the glow plug warning light flash and the code reader gives me the error above, however the performance of the van doesn't seem to be effected at all and when the van is turned off and back on the flashing warning disappears. Sometimes happens within a few miles other times not at all ? I going towards a sensor issue rather than something more due to how it resets after turning off ?

Please can anyone help with any advice on the Turbocharger / Supercharger Boost Control A Module Performance. I get the glow plug warning light flash and the code reader gives me the error above, however the performance of the van doesn't seem to be effected at all and when the van is turned off and back on the flashing warning disappears. Sometimes happens within a few miles other times not at all ? I going towards a sensor issue rather than something more due to how it resets after turning off ?

More precisely: P00AF = Actuator Module for Turbocharger 1- Stuck

Not knowing which engine you've got - please check the actuator itself, control valve+associated wiring, vacuum tubing between them.
a sensor issue rather than something more due to how it resets after turning off ?
The ECU "clears" the warning light at every ignition turn off/on - hence it seemingly resets.

Thank you @mmi for the fast response, the van is a 2019 T6 2.8 TDI 1968cc. Would that spec also help to point to what you suggest ? I'm Very new to the VW transporter world and the world of dashboard warnings. ☹️

Reactions: mmi
2019 T6 2.8 TDI 1968cc. Would that spec also help to point to what you suggest ?
There are quite a few different engines on T6 all being the same 1968cc- the actual engine code would be better identifier.
2019 should be one of these engines: CXEB CXFA CXGA CXGB CXHA CXGC CXHB CXEC - the code is printed on configuration sticker (under dash by steering column).

Anyways, the advice is still valid - the principles of controlling turbochargers are same on all of them.

However, I'm not sure what exactly is the "actuator module" indicated by the code so better check all of them - as well as their respective control solenoid valves - and vacuum tubing.

Turns out to be CXGB. Thanks again for your advice. I'm currently using a diesel fuel additive/cleaner and the results have been amazing in performance and fuel economy, so fingers cross it will also help the cleaning of the turbo as well and maybe fix the issues I'm experiencing.

Reactions: mmi
Back