Clutch Fluid Reservoir

JimsT6

VIP Member
Is anyone able to confirm that the Clutch Fuid Reservoir is the Brake Reservoir?
Reason is that I have found fluid leaking from clutch housing under the engine, definitely Clutch/Brake Fluid. This could also account for a clutch judder when cold that started about a month or so ago.

2019 T6 SWB 150 TDI

Thanks

Yes it is, how many miles. If you’re opening it up for the slave cylinder it maybe worth doing the clutch and DMF.

Yes it is, how many miles. If you’re opening it up for the slave cylinder it maybe worth doing the clutch and DMF.
Thanks for the quick reply. It’s about 37000 so only relatively low mileage. We have the VW “all in” service plan warranty cover so doubt they’ll deviate from the single repair. VW dealer can’t fit it in until 23rd May so they have advised that I call VW Recovery as they will probably recover it which will speed up the repair.
All good fun

Thanks for the quick reply. It’s about 37000 so only relatively low mileage. We have the VW “all in” service plan warranty cover so doubt they’ll deviate from the single repair. VW dealer can’t fit it in until 23rd May so they have advised that I call VW Recovery as they will probably recover it which will speed up the repair.
All good fun
Have a check of the small print. I know it doesn’t cover oil leaks, not sure if the brake / clutch system is covered.
Obviously it should be but as with so many warranty products it’s rarely what you think it is when you buy it.

Is anyone able to confirm that the Clutch Fuid Reservoir is the Brake Reservoir?
Reason is that I have found fluid leaking from clutch housing under the engine, definitely Clutch/Brake Fluid. This could also account for a clutch judder when cold that started about a month or so ago.

2019 T6 SWB 150 TDI

Thanks
Don't forget to make a fuss about the judder. It could make the difference if they're not too receptive about it just having a leak, even if the leak may have caused it.

Unfortunately this experience isn’t a great one.
VW Assist were supposed to contact the dealer and I drove van into the dealer as I was asked to do. The dealer didn’t know anything about this other than I had booked it in with their call centre for end of May. The dealer told me they are very busy and unlikely to be able to touch the vehicle until date it was booked in for. Dealer was surprised that I was asked to drive it in and it wasn’t recovered by Assist. Dealer couldn’t tell me if the repair is covered by the warranty until they have diagnosed the issue.
So looks like I’ve got what I class as a very expensive vehicle that I cannot use until a company gets around to looking at and fixing. I have a feeling I am going to be left with a very costly bill.
Whatever happens the vehicle needs a repair before we can use it. It’s just that we are now unsure if we should have just taken it into a local garage.

I’m guessing that the Clutch Slave Cylinder on a 6 speed manual will be a gearbox out job. Does anyone know?

Unfortunately this experience isn’t a great one.
VW Assist were supposed to contact the dealer and I drove van into the dealer as I was asked to do. The dealer didn’t know anything about this other than I had booked it in with their call centre for end of May. The dealer told me they are very busy and unlikely to be able to touch the vehicle until date it was booked in for. Dealer was surprised that I was asked to drive it in and it wasn’t recovered by Assist. Dealer couldn’t tell me if the repair is covered by the warranty until they have diagnosed the issue.
So looks like I’ve got what I class as a very expensive vehicle that I cannot use until a company gets around to looking at and fixing. I have a feeling I am going to be left with a very costly bill.
Whatever happens the vehicle needs a repair before we can use it. It’s just that we are now unsure if we should have just taken it into a local garage.

I’m guessing that the Clutch Slave Cylinder on a 6 speed manual will be a gearbox out job. Does anyone know?
Yes gearbox out.
Try this person, works like a machine, have a look at his YouTube content.

Back