Clearing "check brake wear" notification

Martin955

T6 Pro
I've got this notification on the dash, I've checked all 4 corners, pads are in rude health. Is it possible to clear the warning with Carista? I could not find where to when I had a quick look.
Thanks

It's a sensor only on the front left and maybe the rear right. It has been known for the sensor wires to break and cause the warning.

You'll also find the inner pad wears more and this is where the sensor is. Mine triggered with about 40% of the pad remaining but you should go much lower than this because heat can cause the pad to fall apart.

I've got this notification on the dash, I've checked all 4 corners, pads are in rude health. Is it possible to clear the warning with Carista? I could not find where to when I had a quick look.
Thanks
No such feature, just replace the pads.

Pad wear is not down to the wires yet by along way. It must be the wiring causing the issue. That's a bummer.

Pad wear is not down to the wires yet by along way. It must be the wiring causing the issue. That's a bummer.
Check its not the inside pad that has worn away, happened to mine.

My light came on when pads had at least 30-40% remaining

There is loads of meat left before the part of the pad where the wires are, so I know I have enough pad.

Yes, front & rear, left & right they are pretty much all at the same state. I brought the Van last March with 64K & it has now done 69K, so these were probably put on just before I brought it. I'll have another look at the wiring & see if there's an obvious issue.

Thanks

Yes, front & rear, left & right they are pretty much all at the same state. I brought the Van last March with 64K & it has now done 69K, so these were probably put on just before I brought it. I'll have another look at the wiring & see if there's an obvious issue.

Thanks
There is only 1 sensor front and 1 rear and only on the inside pad on the offside. The callipers have a tendency to jam and on the rear the self adjuster can wind the rear inside pad into the disk.

Thanks
Hi Martin,

What was the result in the end, my light has come on and I have only done about 8k on new pads and discs, front and rear. Did Carista clear it?

Back