Clark Pro 238 Torque Adapter

Ayjay

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hopefully this is the right place to post this one. I find myself with a space in the tool box for torque wrench with a maximum Nm rating in the 150 - 250 to cater for properly torquing wheel bolts / nuts (I believe the T6 should be at 180Nm). I've already got a low range Snap On for working on my carbon bikes and another covering 10-80Nm for other stuff. Even as a bad amateur DIYer, I learnt a long time ago never to buy really cheap tools but I don't really like paying Snap On prices for the new torque wrench as it's one of those things that would / should be used very infrequently. I already have a decent ½ " wheel brace and a ½ " Snap On 3ft breaker bar so I thought that I might be able to use the Clarke Pro 238 adapter with either of them. It does come with a calibration certificate which is some reassurance (at least for the short term!) but I wondered whether anybody had experience of using one. Here it is: Clarke PRO238 ½" Drive Digital Torque Adaptor - Machine Mart - Machine Mart.

Last edited:
I’ve got one but rarely use it. It’s just a pain on wheel bolts when you really need to hear the click, if you know what I mean.

Like you I also have various torque wrenched, but bought a relatively cheap big one just for wheel bolts.

I‘ll see if I can remember where I got it and post later.

I compared it to my digital one and its spot on at 180nm (probably because its in the middle of its range) and also I set the bolts using the digital one and then fine tuned and then locked the cheap one on that setting.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is the right place to post this one. I find myself with a space in the tool box for torque wrench with a maximum Nm rating in the 150 - 250 to cater for properly torquing wheel bolts / nuts (I believe the T6 should be at 180Nm). I've already got a low range Snap On for working on my carbon bikes and another covering 10-80Nm for other stuff. Even as a bad amateur DIYer, I learnt a long time ago never to buy really cheap tools but I don't really like paying Snap On prices for the new torque wrench as it's one of those things that would / should be used very infrequently. I already have a decent ½ " wheel brace and a ½ " Snap On 3ft breaker bar so I thought that I might be able to use the Clarke Pro 238 adapter with either of them. It does come with a calibration certificate which is some reassurance (at least for the short term!) but I wondered whether anybody had experience of using one. Here it is: Clarke PRO238 ½" Drive Digital Torque Adaptor - Machine Mart - Machine Mart.

Yup, have a 3 ft breaker bar and the Clarke Pro 1/2 in Digital Torque Adaptor in the van. Works a treat and saves carrying a large torque wrench ... of which I have two ... but in the shed:slow rofl:

Only used it for the wheels to torque and re-torque/safety check after about 100 miles.

The Torque adaptor itself is very well packaged in its own plastic case ... and help to keep safe along with other tools in the van.

Thanks for the responses. In the end, I went into Machine Mart but they didn't have the Clarke in stock (or any other that would read at 180Nm!). Unfortunately, I also had to go into Halfords and, while I was in there, talked myself into buying their 60-300Nm version as mentioned by Spencer. It's more than I wanted to spend but does seem like a quality bit of kit and I also got 10% off as a member of British Cycling. If I keep telling myself it was a bargain, it will all be OK!

Back