Chrome (looking) Side Stripes...

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
Being a gentleman of a certain age I feel the urge to bling up the side of ones camper but after spending literally seconds researching my desired look online I'm beginning to think I might be the only one in love with shiny stripes.

At the moment in an effort to spice things up on what is a pretty glossy but dark van, when the sun isn't out, I've cobbled together a jaunty red stripe at low level but the 70s teenager in me still wants a bit of bling thereabouts instead to add a bit of sleekness,length and provide some relief from dark and shiny.

Actually what's the verdict on bling in general, as you can see from the piccie I like shiny wheels but in an Indium grey old world there must be room for a bit of rebellious chrome around the edges?

Sorry, side bars need not apply for this vacancy.

20190504_142218[2].jpg

Cheers andys, can't tell from your avatar piccie but you've got side stripes in self adhesive chrome tape or as standard anyway?

I've seen some of those streamers that look like polished stainless but they look a bit chunky.

This is a fairly recent pic of what mine's wearing. It was from Vanstyle I think and looks exactly like factory, but theirs looks horrible in that link above so not sure.
3B8FF626-9D5A-4922-8208-31F557B863AF.jpeg

I've seen those before but looking more closely now and the chunky look is down to the wide silver decal immediately below, think they're suitable, cheers.

Cheers andys, your link came through as I was typing in reply to Rich.

I've seen those before but looking more closely now and the chunky look is down to the wide silver decal immediately below, think they're suitable, cheers.

Cheers andys, your link came through as I was typing in reply to Rich.
Yeah, that decal looks horrendous with the silver strip. Would you remove your red one?

I cobbled up the lower stripe using some 12mm pin stripes from Halfords and some sticky backed red vinyl on a roll from B&Q, about £18 all in so not the end of the world if it came off again... her in drawers asked why I didn't just get some chrome lines like the ones we saw on a Caravelle...:cautious:

I cobbled up the lower stripe using some 12mm pin stripes from Halfords and some sticky backed red vinyl on a roll from B&Q, about £18 all in so not the end of the world if it came off again... her in drawers asked why I didn't just get some chrome lines like the ones we saw on a Caravelle...:cautious:

They never understand a mans vision!

Back