Child Seat On Rear-facing Caravelle Seat

swd80

VIP Member
Does anyone have experience of putting a child-seat on a rear-facing middle-row captain's seat in a Caravelle? We are considering this car but would need to have the seat facing backwards so that we could access the rear seats - with the middle seat facing forward and a child seat fitted, we wouldn't be able to tip the middle seat forward to access the rear!
I would have thought that putting a normally front-facing seat for a toddler on the rear-facing chair would work well as then you are keeping the toddler rear-facing, but this doesn't seem to be a scenario that I can see any safety testing for.
Thanks for any advice.

I’m wondering too - when we have ours on the middle seat though it is still possible to get into the back - we just slide the seat forward and there is a sufficient gap. However you definitely get more room when they are the other way ..... google is no help (or I’m searching for the wrong thing).

In case anyone is looking, after calling round, Britax was the only car seat maker who approved their seats for fitment on a rear-facing car seat. We used the King II LS seat for our two little ones and were really pleased with them (the seats, that is!). Kids have grown out of them now though!

Back