Cherry red touch up paint

Cherry red is a straight colour (non metallic). It is a standard T6 colour.
A quick google seems to say that wild cherry is a metallic colour. I don’t think it is used as standard on a T6.

I have just finished doing some very tiny stone chips on the bonnet and when it camel to looking up the colours I used the VIN number from my van to obtain the correct paint code. I found that my van was LH3T from the colour code which equates to Kirsch Red. The other Red colour code is LA3T, which equates to Wild Cherry Red which is a totally different colour. I used the 'Needle Bottle kit' which I found very good, it came with a primer, a top colour paint and a clear lacquer around £15.

I have just finished doing some very tiny stone chips on the bonnet and when it camel to looking up the colours I used the VIN number from my van to obtain the correct paint code. I found that my van was LH3T from the colour code which equates to Kirsch Red. The other Red colour code is LA3T, which equates to Wild Cherry Red which is a totally different colour. I used the 'Needle Bottle kit' which I found very good, it came with a primer, a top colour paint and a clear lacquer around £15.
Daft question - How do you translate the VIN to the paint code?

The only daft question is the one that you are afraid to ask. The pic is of a sticker, usually in the door jamb. Ot's not mine, just an example of where and how to get your paint code. Becarefull with reds ss there are a number of varied shades.

Screenshot_20240207_124925_Google.jpg

Most of them are listed here

Back