Cherry Blossom Plastic Painting!

Yep...! Cherry Blossom!!
Has anyone tried staining their plastics with this shoe cleaning stuff??
Have a look on this Facebook page and scroll down to see some amazing changes in people’s dashboards!
Thinking of trying it on my lower beige dash and possibly door cards.
But has to be the product in the photo..!
"Just" Cherry Blossomed Interiors & Bumper Shine public group | Facebook

View attachment 32744
I remember using that stuff many years ago to rescue a pair of shoes, it's a type of vinyl dye, worked quite well but don't know if it wouldn't end up being a bit streaky. Prob better getting a dye made for the job.

I remember using that stuff many years ago to rescue a pair of shoes, it's a type of vinyl dye, worked quite well but don't know if it wouldn't end up being a bit streaky. Prob better getting a dye made for the job.
Mate..!! I’ve looked!! There was a whole other forum post about dyes, I’ll send link if you want but no one had tried cherry blossom.

Mate..!! I’ve looked!! There was a whole other forum post about dyes, I’ll send link if you want but no one had tried cherry blossom.
What about spraying? I've had great results with plastic trim I've resprayed (to cover marks though, not as a colour change). I know it's more of a pain having to remove the trim but I've been surprised how difficult it is to scrape any paint and primer off the plastic (it took sandpaper!) and the coverage is perfect.
I can just imagine someone only half reading that thread and using Cherry Blossom wax polish :laugh:

From what I remember, that stuff left a sort of reddish tinge to the black.

What about spraying? I've had great results with plastic trim I've resprayed (to cover marks though, not as a colour change). I know it's more of a pain having to remove the trim but I've been surprised how difficult it is to scrape any paint and primer off the plastic (it took sandpaper!) and the coverage is perfect.
I can just imagine someone only half reading that thread and using Cherry Blossom wax polish :laugh:

From what I remember, that stuff left a sort of reddish tinge to the black.
Have you got any links to the product you used?

Or retro fit the comfort dash? Don’t think I’d be chancing totally ruining me dash with some shoe polish :eek:

Back