Cherry Blossom Plastic Painting!

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by LambethBoy, 3 Dec 2018.

1. LambethBoy

LambethBoy Member VIP Member

Yep...! Cherry Blossom!!
    Has anyone tried staining their plastics with this shoe cleaning stuff??
    Have a look on this Facebook page and scroll down to see some amazing changes in people’s dashboards!
    Thinking of trying it on my lower beige dash and possibly door cards.
    But has to be the product in the photo..!
    "Just" Cherry Blossomed Interiors & Bumper Shine public group | Facebook

0E7439EA-487F-414F-8F28-D02D87B39CE9.jpeg

2. andys

andys Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

I remember using that stuff many years ago to rescue a pair of shoes, it's a type of vinyl dye, worked quite well but don't know if it wouldn't end up being a bit streaky. Prob better getting a dye made for the job.

3. Loz

Loz California 204 DSG 4Motion MY17 VCDS User Admin Moderator VIP Member

Map
    @BiTurbo Rob, was this what you were recommending for tyres?

4. LambethBoy

Mate..!! I’ve looked!! There was a whole other forum post about dyes, I’ll send link if you want but no one had tried cherry blossom.

5. andys

What about spraying? I've had great results with plastic trim I've resprayed (to cover marks though, not as a colour change). I know it's more of a pain having to remove the trim but I've been surprised how difficult it is to scrape any paint and primer off the plastic (it took sandpaper!) and the coverage is perfect.
    I can just imagine someone only half reading that thread and using Cherry Blossom wax polish :laugh:

From what I remember, that stuff left a sort of reddish tinge to the black.

6. LambethBoy

Have you got any links to the product you used?

7. Northern Monkey

Northern Monkey Indium grey caravelle VIP Member T6 Guru

Or retro fit the comfort dash? Don’t think I’d be chancing totally ruining me dash with some shoe polish :eek:

8. andys

This was the primer I used 2 X 400mL PLASTIC PRIMER SPRAY PAINT CAN - PROFESSIONAL FINISH!!! | eBay

The paint I've used is from Wilkinsons and is called Dark Grey, however I'm not happy with the colour match of surrounding plastic trim so I'm going to redo it satin black which will match the carpets and seat frame.