Carista - Lock doors on drive away

OurSam

Hello - I chose option B (as suggested on another thread) on Carista which now locks the doors beautifully when I drive away, but I thought it would unlock them when removing the keys from the ignition, i.e to get out of the car. Sadly, this is not the case, the only way to unlock the doors is by using the handle or using the switch above the electric mirror adjuster..

Is this normal or should they unlock automatically too?

Sometimes you have to pop the bonnet whilst you're doing any code changes, the bonnet switch acts as a block to the circuit for certain functions.

I've got a 17' kombi with option B, and it locks on driveway and unlocks on key removal.

Sometimes you have to pop the bonnet whilst you're doing any code changes, the bonnet switch acts as a block to the circuit for certain functions.

I've got a 17' kombi with option B, and it locks on driveway and unlocks on key removal.
Thank you - I'll go and give this a try....

Hello - I chose option B (as suggested on another thread) on Carista which now locks the doors beautifully when I drive away, but I thought it would unlock them when removing the keys from the ignition, i.e to get out of the car. Sadly, this is not the case, the only way to unlock the doors is by using the handle or using the switch above the electric mirror adjuster..

Is this normal or should they unlock automatically too?
Doesn’t that make it difficult for other motorists / pedestrians to help if you are in an accident?

Doesn’t that make it difficult for other motorists / pedestrians to help if you are in an accident?
Almost every car I have had in the last 10 years or so had this option and I believe that if the airbags are deployed then the doors automatically unlock... Hope I am never in the situation to find out if this is the case but someone on here may know the answer

T6 has two independent selections
1) Auto lock - when you drive away​
2) Auto unlock - when the key is removed​
For the desired functionality you have to "tick" both.

T6 has two independent selections
1) Auto lock - when you drive away​
2) Auto unlock - when the key is removed​
For the desired functionality you have to "tick" both.
Wow, I have literally just been out on the drive and plugged Carista in and spotted this! Thanks anyways

I have both options ticked. It locks on drive away but does not unlock on removing the key. I have to pull the handle twice to open the doors. It’s been like this for 2 years. It looks like I need to try again.

Almost every car I have had in the last 10 years or so had this option and I believe that if the airbags are deployed then the doors automatically unlock... Hope I am never in the situation to find out if this is the case but someone on here may know the answer
All modern vehicles are able to detect a crash and send a door unlock signal in the event. At the end of the day they have to because even without autolocking enabled, the driver could have just pressed the lock button on the door which is in effect the same thing.

I have both options ticked. It locks on drive away but does not unlock on removing the key. I have to pull the handle twice to open the doors. It’s been like this for 2 years. It looks like I need to try again.
It's a "known" peculiarity of T6 BCM that coding changes of these locking functions don't always work.
More details here (Sebastian's post) --> Transporter 2018 + HEX V2

Anyways, have you disconnected starter battery after coding change? It seemed to do the trick for me - "pending" coding changes finally came true.

Hi, no I’ve not disconnected the starter batt. I’ll give that a go. Thanks.

Reactions: mmi
Quick update - I opened the bonnet unchecked and rechecked option B. Then checked the box for ‘unlock when key removed’ option B and all is working perfectly, locks when I drive away and unlocks when I remove the key.
Thanks for the help fellas!

Quick update - I opened the bonnet unchecked and rechecked option B. Then checked the box for ‘unlock when key removed’ option B and all is working perfectly, locks when I drive away and unlocks when I remove the key.
Thanks for the help fellas!

just received my Carista, had the exact same problem and the bonnet trick did the trick!!!

Back