Caravelle Step Light power

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've searched and I know from @Skyliner33 posts on his build that you need a Caravelle step to accommodate the additional height the floor brings.
What I can't find is how this is wired in?

Is this powered by your leisure battery or spliced from the door switch?

I've searched and I know from @Skyliner33 posts on his build that you need a Caravelle step to accommodate the additional height the floor brings.

Are you putting a 'velle floor in or a 12mm ply?

Mine is wired from the OEM ceiling lights and down the B-Pillar. Comes on and off with the courtesy lights. You could also get a feed from the cab ceiling lights.

Thanks @Skyliner33. That options not available to me as I’ve had a pop added. I wish I’d read your build thread beforehand :rolleyes:
There is a good chance the converter will have tucked the wires away at the side where you might be able to get to them. Worth asking.

You could route the cable under the b pillar, around the front step and under the door rubber that’s across the front wheel arch to under the dash. The courtesy wiring passes through the coloured connector blocks behind the glove box. Red/black +ve, brown/red -ve

Back