Caravelle sliding door card - differences side to side?

landy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Any ideas why the lh and rh sliding door cards in my t6 2016 caravelle have different tops? What's the lh extra bit with foam seal about?!

First two images LH (UK passenger side), including upper trim that matches and third image the rh drivers side..

20230517_141150.jpg

20230517_141154.jpg

20230517_141159.jpg

Looks like a bodge to me. That extra bit is where the sliding window frame would be if you had one. Looks like the wrong door card fitted or maybe the sliding window has been removed and replaced with a fixed window.

Hmm interesting, I'm not aware of it having a sliding window, will be interesting to get the door card off and see if that part has a VW part number associated.

Also I've not seen any Gen 6 with a slider, but then it may have been a factory option originally...

Just spoke to previous owner and it was deleted as an option by him at point of order, so must be a genuine vw bodge!

Just spoke to previous owner and it was deleted as an option by him at point of order, so must be a genuine vw bodge!
I tint windows for VW main dealer and a few conversion companies, not a bodge they’re all like this from new.

Back