Caravelle rails fitters and confusion

3crispies

Classic Vws
T6 Guru
Been reading all the different threads on rails and fitting but before I take the plunge and buy a set of rails how can I tell exactly where they fit, seen mentioned holes in chassis but others look like there are clamps around chassis. Is there a reason converters arnt interested in fitting these as have emailed quite a few with no feedback, surely it can not be any more difficult than when we fitted our kombi seats.
Prices seem to vary for refurbed rails and can I have a parts list of brackets, bolts. I believe I have accounted for the bolts at 24/4 tracks but brackets seem more confusing and dont want to get ripped off buying off Fb.

Been reading all the different threads on rails and fitting but before I take the plunge and buy a set of rails how can I tell exactly where they fit, seen mentioned holes in chassis but others look like there are clamps around chassis. Is there a reason converters arnt interested in fitting these as have emailed quite a few with no feedback, surely it can not be any more difficult than when we fitted our kombi seats.
Prices seem to vary for refurbed rails and can I have a parts list of brackets, bolts. I believe I have accounted for the bolts at 24/4 tracks but brackets seem more confusing and dont want to get ripped off buying off Fb.
I think converters aren’t particularly interested in fitting them because a new price from VW would probably be dearer than a non-VW bed, and they don’t want to run the risk of fitting a second-hand unit that subsequently causes issues.

Give @VWVC a call - he is likely too busy to see I’ve tagged him on here, but has given me phone advice in the past when I’ve not even bought stuff from him.

cheers thats what I thought and no issue but would of liked a reply, spoke to @VWVC about some kombi seats so may give him a chase about rails too..

Hi, the Caravelle rails will need the correct fittings under the van, various brackets which are riveted in place and bolted through. From the top. Access under than van is needed obviously, removal of fuel tank, heat shields etc. Many converters probably don’t want the hassle of locating all the correct parts. Also fitting a flor afterwards is time consuming also to get right. 2nd hand tracks generally have the clips bent on the sides so the covers don’t always fit properly and the fitter is left to solve it.

I can’t speak for all converters but we have many emails per day and even with best effort is not uncommon to miss an email within the volume of emails received.

cheers

Hi, the Caravelle rails will need the correct fittings under the van, various brackets which are riveted in place and bolted through. From the top. Access under than van is needed obviously, removal of fuel tank, heat shields etc. Many converters probably don’t want the hassle of locating all the correct parts. Also fitting a flor afterwards is time consuming also to get right. 2nd hand tracks generally have the clips bent on the sides so the covers don’t always fit properly and the fitter is left to solve it.

I can’t speak for all converters but we have many emails per day and even with best effort is not uncommon to miss an email within the volume of emails received.

cheers
totally with you on this but some asked what I wanted and ................;) may have to go back to 1+1+1 layout. Only seems most common 2+1 is easily achieavable .

Back