Caravelle Door Card upgrade

Ian.D

VIP Member
Hi, well, I have moved along with upgrading my Highline, I fitted a set of Caravelle executive door cards with the leather trim. They came without the handle section at the top which obviously is different to the standard panels. The long section under them is the silver chequered style, but the parts that go over the screws holding the top in are proving hard to find. Unfortunately for me I covered the door outer section in Dynamat, then the inner section and as I had some left over I did the rear of the door cards....oh dear, I decided to remove the felt section and make sure as much as possible was covered....stupidly going over the vw product numbers...Contacting 3 VW garages they kept coming back with the reply " we won't get the handle sections for you without the numbers " Am I daft ? I feel VW would only have a choice of colour on these and actually getting black versions from that model wouldn't mean there are multiple actual fixing versions.....I am not impressed with VW......Hence why I moved over to Volvo for our car after having a freakishly poor Passat.
I looked on the Etka details, but finding the code was difficult as the section pictures don't show the shaped sections required and I don't know the model number of the caravelle with leather door cards.
Can anyone help with finding the code or codes I need ?
Aside from that I have done the rear of the van with AS Milano suede trim with 4 way stretch, installed the Evoque seats, fitted the glove box, Red instrument binnacle and will be getting other bits done after our holiday.

Hi Deaky, yes, that is the item, I love the seats by the way and the steering wheel with the red stitching is on my hit list, I have been a Liverpool fan since I was six and got taken to my first ever game by my uncle at Anfield, so red is my colour...:) I am sat , fingers crossed that there is an answer to my prayers

IMG_0707.JPG

7E5.867.171.C - this is the passenger side handle cover. @Pauly will be able to supply them to you.

Not getting on with the beige trim so want to upgrade to Caravelle door cards and lower dash trim (one with ‘wine cooler’!). Can anyone just order direct from VW with the part numbers? And if so, what are the codes... I can only find posts with the shuttle ones

Your first stop might be worth asking @Pauly on the forum shop, he has extensive knowledge of these kits and will no doubt be cheaper than direct from VW.

Send me a pm if you want some prices, we can get a bit of discount but postage is pricy for the big stuff so won’t be able to save you much but will stop you from having to deal with the parts guy at your local dealer which is always a fun experience

Great, thanks for pointing us in the right direction-will give @Pauly a shout. Another random question - do any VW or Audi rear centre head rests fit into the Kombi seats (basically looking for one that doesn’t sit so high).

Not liking my beige lower panels either! Always see carvelle door cards on eBay that look the part. Just need to check tomorrow if the black will match my upper dash colour

This is brilliant as one of the things I dislike about the veedub is the beige coloured doorcards and bits. So once we get our van, (if we have any money leftover as it is becoming quite an expensive treat now), we will have to see if @Pauly still has some available.
:)

Does anyone know if the black caravels door cards will match the black top half of the dash (the dash with beige lower) or is that more a grey colour?

Great, thanks for pointing us in the right direction-will give @Pauly a shout. Another random question - do any VW or Audi rear centre head rests fit into the Kombi seats (basically looking for one that doesn’t sit so high).

Hi I just tried the centre headrest from the back of my A4 avant, it does go in the holes on the back of the kombi seat however the notches that allow you to raise it to a specific height are on the inside of the headrest 'legs' of the audi ones and on the outside of the VW ones so basically if you raise it, just falls back down onto the seat again. Hopefully another VW might work for you though.

Some of them are compatible, I remember a few people swapping the rear centre headrest for a smaller one to aid rear view mirror but can’t remember what they were from
Sure something will come up if you have a search

Back