T6.1 interior door handle upgrade

PaulR83

2020 T32 199 DSG
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,
the panel van comes with a basic, naff black plastic door release handle on the inside. I see the Caravelle, California etc have a nice aluminium one. there doesn't seem to be a separate part for this to be ordered as its all plastic welded and comes as part of the door card assembly.
has anyone upgraded, or bought a tatty door card and swapped them over?
thanks

Hi,
the panel van comes with a basic, naff black plastic door release handle on the inside. I see the Caravelle, California etc have a nice aluminium one. there doesn't seem to be a separate part for this to be ordered as its all plastic welded and comes as part of the door card assembly.
has anyone upgraded, or bought a tatty door card and swapped them over?
thanks
I think they are bigger on the Cali door card

Thanks, yes the door grab handle is bigger and can't be swapped, but the lever itself looks identical.

Screenshot_20220929-195930_eBay.jpg

The T6.1 sportline gets the alloy lever as standard.

It does have a part number on it, but its not in the parts catalogue to order seperately.

Thanks for looking that up.
That's a shame it can't be ordered. I guess it's because it's not user replaceable due to the faff involved. Sure it can be done, it's just the case of getting some. Seems mad though if you broke the lever mechanism somehow you're forced to replace the door card!
This company offer it as an upgrade on the T6 and the mechanism looks the same.
Maybe worth contacting them

Oooo that's good to know then. Cheers
Definitely worth a contact then. Wonder how they get them.

morning folks, I just realised my panel van t6 does not seem to have a door handle on the inside of the sliding door, what's the best options to remedy this?

Can you show us a photo of your door from the inside please.
Below is what I have (ours started life as a PV).

Pete

27DC375A-8F0D-4A59-A066-B5D709B7FD90.jpeg

Back