Sold Cantera wheels on Facebook £750

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 15mm spacers on the rear and non on the front. Makes the wheels sit just right.... in my opinion, some may like more poke.

20210119_152904.jpg

They do look fine I’ll check mine tomorrow and i assume if the offset is the same on my Amaroks 18 and your 19s all will be ok.
thanks again

So update on wheels.
I am getting them on Monday for £660
As they are black can they still be changed to any colour for around £60 per wheel ?
also will they fit short term around the doors with the 255 /55 in just so I can sell my 18s and then use that money to get new tyres .
Cheers

Last edited:
Good price on the wheels. I might be corrected here but I feel certain the 255/55's won't go on, even as a temporary measure. When you pick them up I think you will see what I mean.

I don't see why the colour change would be an issue no matter what colour they are now. The usual course of action would be sand/bead blast then powder coated the colour you choose.

I did think that would be the answer:(.
I’ll get the tyres taken off and sell them as they have 6/7 mm on them then see what I can get for my 18 Amaroks with 255/45 on them if anyone is interested.
Back tyres are ok fronts need renewing soon no marks at all on the wheels.

Your 18's will soon go, as will as the 55's off the Canteras. You could probably get most of your £660 back. Are you putting the new wheels back to silver or do you have other ideas for them?

I like the silver as I always trying to keep it looking like a genuine VW camper but I do like the ones that stueystue had on his as his van is white was well . I’ve had 16”” 17 18 and was going to go 20s but after a lot of thinking And looking on the forum think 19” look like a good size not to big and not to small.

Last edited:
I agree with you on the genuine look, that's why I went for Canteras altogether as they're a VW wheel. Call me old fashioned but in my mind wheels on vehicles are silver and always have been, and they suit any colour. Black seems to be the trendy wheel colour at the moment but I think when the wheel is darker than its tyre the aesthetics are out the window and they look odd. Only my opinion though, each to their own.

Yes I agree StueyStuey has chosen a very nice colour. If I ever changed mine I would go for something like that.

I will probably end up with silver .
Can I ask you one more question what tyres did you go for ie brand, load , cost . Thanks

I first have to confess, I am no tyre tart. They are Rotalla 245/45 19 4 season tyres. Load rating 102 so plenty for a T30. Their not a high end tyre by any means but I wouldn't swap them back for the previous continentals I had. They're very quiet in term's of road noise and ride really nice over humps and bumps. They where something like £300 - 350 delivered (brand new) then I got the local tyre place to fit and balance them for about £50. They've been brilliant in the snow and ice recently (surprisingly so) and on the mud track down to my local fishing lake so I have no complaints. The continentals had me stuck on wet grass last year to the point I had to build a makeshift road out of dry straw and gravel to get out, and they were done after 10,000 miles. If these go for 12 to 15,000 miles they will do for me.

Sounds good to me I’m looking for a decent tyre but I’m not willing to spend a fortune on tyres I’ll take a look at them . Thanks again your help and advice has been brilliant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back