Sold Cantera wheels on Facebook £750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these tyres a good size and the load rating ok for camper?. Also can the colour be changed without a lot of bother.

Tyres are too big. You would need 45 profile.
Powder coating them through a professional company is very straight forward if you have someone local.

They could remove the old tyres, refurb, then fit new tyres of the correct size and load rating.

Are these tyres a good size and the load rating ok for camper?. Also can the colour be changed without a lot of bother.

The 255/55/19's won't fit. I've put 245/45's on mine. Is your camper T28, 30 or 32?

I thought that I have 255 45 18 Amarok.
I am looking to lift the van without lifting the suspension so that the tow bar is higher so when you say to big what problem will that cause?. Thanks

Speedo will be out with the 55's. Not sure if they would rub with standard suspension but I'd guess so.
I'm sure if you delve into the tyres/wheels section you'd find the answer.

Plus they look like balloons

You need 101 load ratings for a T30 so should be a few brand options in 245 45 19 if you choose to go with Canteras.

The tyre and wheel section sends my brain into overdrive With optionso_O.

Thanks for the advice Any idea on how much the wheels only would be worth if he would take the tyres off ? They are only about 15 miles from me so might be worth a offer.

I paid £750 for a set with near new continental winters on, I honestly think I got lucky given the resale value of the tyres and the all round condition of the wheels. It seems they're a desirable wheel and I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels alone would go for the £750 asking price to the right person. Mine are standard silver and didn't need any work. If you plan to have them powder coated a different colour I'd expect about £40 - 60 a wheel. And then tyres.... but don't forget you can sell the current tyres if the seller won't split them, plenty of 4x4/SUV's about that these tyres would fit.

I’ll give him a shout and see what he says.
I would also have my 18 Amarok with 255/45/18 on but do need new front tyres and they have no damage at all.
Thanks again

Squeaky wheel gets the grease mate, send him an offer and see what he says. Good luck

I’m looking at the total outlay before I offer anything.
I have 18”” Amarok alloys with spacers so they are flush if I get 19”” are they the same offset so I can use the same spacers?.
thanks

561F3A45-232E-4C5F-A53E-6902C642086F.jpeg

I can’t remember what I ended up at but think it’s 15 front 20 rear I like the look of them wheels sitting flush .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back