Cant Access 5f: Information Electr

Rabbit

T6 Pro
Can anyone help?

The Ross Tech say no response from the controller when I try to connect and there are 4 faults listed. Log is attached.

On the plus side at least the blasted internal sensors are now turn off so it isn't all bad. :)
IMG_0069.JPG

Attachments

• Log-YE18 RKN-WV1ZZZ7HZJH070413-2620km-1627mi.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 25
What happened on 17th of May at 15:01 hours? The central point of communication Address 19: CAN Gateway doesn't communicate to 5F. Cable disconnected?
Also a lot of databus communication errors from address 17 at same time.

Have you had the radio out? Could be a loose cable?

From the 14th to the 25th of may the van was in at the car audio shop getting the sound system upgraded. As well as getting a new head unit it got heavily stripped back in the cab area for sound proofing etc, so the van was quite a few days without power.

Something has come to mind, a couple of times now the alpine head unit has displayed the message cam commutation error, which I just put down to the unit not talking to the mfd. could it be something more serious ?

5F is the factory headunit, if that’s been removed then that fault will be stuck there

So I take it that there is no way now to remove the er:2 message I get in the radio section of the mfd or to activate the navigation arrows there as well?

I guess you need to remove the missing module from the can gateway list.

How would I do that? Delete 5f.

I take it that will clear the er:2 message in the radio section of the mfd? The navigation in the mfd would have been nice but I can live without

In the coding for the can gateway there is a list of modules with tick boxes.
Other head units can send nav info to the display, I gues it depends on its features can connection and the fitters ability to code it..

It doesn’t normally work, if you remove infotainment 5F it will auto insert radio 56 and then report that as missing instead

It’s got the alpine cam adapter and according to alpine is capable of displaying the nav info in the vehicle mfd.

It doesn’t normally work, if you remove infotainment 5F it will auto insert radio 56 and then report that as missing instead

So deleting 5f isn’t the solution then? Anything else I could try?

Ps thanks for all the replies, I almost had a headache when I saw the errors list but at least I know now it’s all related to the new head unit which makes me feel a lot better :)

Save a copy of the scan and clear the errors, you only need to worry about the ones that come back and persist, most of them should disappear

Well, I tried clearing the faults log and then rescanning only to be present with the same list of faults again, so I tried unticking 5f. Doing this removes the radio info in the mfd and reduced the fault codes to just 1 in the central elec. If i try ticking 56 for radio then the fault list increases but the radio display comes back in the mfd.

I'm starting to get the impression that I will just have to live with it, in which case I'm better to leave 5f ticked or unticked, or go with 56 (Radio) ticked?

Attachments

• Log-YE18 NO 5F-WV1ZZZ7HZJH070413-2620km-1627mi.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Log-YE18-WV1ZZZ7HZJH070413-2620km-1627mi.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 8
Well according to alpine I just need to tell the van that a navigation unit is fitted and it will sort everything out.

As I can’t get into 5f I’m not sure how I’m meant to do that, unless I temporarily connect up the original head unit which I still have?

Fixed, well sort off. :) Good old alpine support anyhow :inlove:

Quite easy when you know how :rolleyes:

Select control Module
19 can gateways
Installation list
Untick 5f and tick 56 radio instead
Then tick 37 navigation

Doing that has removed the er:2 message in the mfd and I now have navigation arrows in the mfd which is awesome!

Still leaves all the radio related faults of course in the vcds, but everything works so I’m one well happy bunny :geek:

Does anyone know what could be causing this fault code in the central electrics?

97FCCFAD-61BE-41B1-82FA-B275EB4D6576.jpeg

I assume this one is radio related?
B1973E01-29D0-46DC-8FA3-A4FBD331ECA6.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Took the coding from your first scan and from the last - there is a coding change. Is that the bit for "Interior Monitoring for Anti-Theft installed"? Perhaps just a step back to verify it is the cause? EDIT: for incorrectly coded?

OK__ Coding: A0A4303A0A61343193284F746CEB8E740FC4708F60CC6D60330400220840
FAIL Coding: A0A4303A0A61343183284F746CEB8E740FC4708F60CC6D60330400220840

Last edited:
Tried reticking it and the fault remains.

I had a rear camera fitted at the same time as the head unit so I’m now starting to wonder if something got knocked or damaged during the install which I hadn’t noticed to now.

If the rear doors are open then the mfd displays them as closed

Back