Can you put a single seat where the Kombi second row triple bench seat attaches?

Kit

To give much needed extra space we would like to put just a single seat behind the driver/passenger seats in our T6 Kombi.

There is currently a triple seat. It is quick release and attaches to 4 floor mountings.
They are all in the middle of the vehicle so happy to put the single in the middle too.

Does anyone know if you can get a single seat that fits into the same floor mountings?
The mountings are 34 cm apart and the second row of mounts is 41 cm behind the front two.

Thanks

Yes you can. You just need to make sure that it is the “centre” one of the 3 singles. This is because the two outer versions have different spacing on the feet.

If anyone has or does this could they please post a pic and I would like to change mine. TIA

Spot on, I rarely need any seats in the back but the triple bench takes up so much room and I can’t fit sheets of ply in the back without removing them. A single seat in the middle means I can put the dog cage on one side and space for the dirt bike or sheets of ply etc down the other side.

Anyone got a single centre seat they want to sell? I bet they aren’t easy to find second hand without buying the set.

Guessing this also means conversion to 1+1+1 will be fairly cost effective as the seatbelts are already fitted in the kombi so just two extra sets of floor mounts required. Plus I could sell the triple bench and buy a set of singles rather than searching for someone who is willing to split a set.

Cheers for the replies, Al

Spot on, I rarely need any seats in the back but the triple bench takes up so much room and I can’t fit sheets of ply in the back without removing them. A single seat in the middle means I can put the dog cage on one side and space for the dirt bike or sheets of ply etc down the other side.

Anyone got a single centre seat they want to sell? I bet they aren’t easy to find second hand without buying the set.

Guessing this also means conversion to 1+1+1 will be fairly cost effective as the seatbelts are already fitted in the kombi so just two extra sets of floor mounts required. Plus I could sell the triple bench and buy a set of singles rather than searching for someone who is willing to split a set.

Cheers for the replies, Al
Look on flea bay, people do sometimes sell the singles on their own rather than as a set of 3.
If you want to change the triple for three singles then you will need 8 QR floor mounts and under chassis strengthening plates. You can use your original floor as one the underside are all in he mould marks for cutting out the various configurations.
You could try dropping Colin at @VWVC in Witney a line, as he often has seats popping up that he can lay hands on. He can also fit the additional pieces and certify it all for insurance purposes if required.

Back