Can you disable the DRLs when parked?

JaiCee

I've noticed that the DRLs on our T6.1 (with LEDs if that makes a difference) stay on when the key is in even when parked. Is it possible to disable this so they only come on when in drive?

I've noticed that the DRLs on our T6.1 (with LEDs if that makes a difference) stay on when the key is in even when parked. Is it possible to disable this so they only come on when in drive?
Dunno about the T6.1, but on the T6, you can set the DRLS to be off with the handbrake on. You need VCDS to do this.

It's not the DRLs that are on, it's the side lights. They will turn off when you take the key out. If you have parked up and are listening to the radio, either taken the key out and turn the radio back on manually, or turn the headlight switch to OFF.

It's not the DRLs that are on, it's the side lights. They will turn off when you take the key out. If you have parked up and are listening to the radio, either taken the key out and turn the radio back on manually, or turn the headlight switch to OFF.
I guess that depends on what lights you have; my LED DRLs light up when I unlock the van at night on a campsite, with the mod and the handbrake on, I can more stealthy unlock the van.

I think they are the DRLs but now you have me doubting myself. I'm sure we tried turning the switch off when camping and it didn't turn them off.

I guess that depends on what lights you have; my LED DRLs light up when I unlock the van at night on a campsite, with the mod and the handbrake on, I can more stealthy unlock the van.
Thanks this is what I was looking for. Also when parked up while the kids are at lessons etc.

When camping, the DRLs should only be on when the ignition is turned on. As others have said, they can be coded to turn off when the handbrake is applied.

What I referred to in my previous post is standard behaviour across the VW range. Pull up at the shops with the headlights on, turn the engine off, but leave the key in to listen to the radio whilst your Mrs goes in for whatever, the side and tail lights will stay on until you remove the key, or after about 30 minutes.

Thanks for the advice. I got out my carista and found the option for disabling the DRLs when the parking brake is on and now it is exactly as I want it

Back