Can it be possible that only the front has been lowered?

Andyr12

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi I am still relatively new and naive to the T6 world but thanks to this forum learning quickly.

My van appears to be quite nose down although I realise they are supposed to have slight rake many friends have commented on it. I don’t carry any weight but could the previous owner lowered just the front or the rear are too stiff? Will try and post some photos when next out on level ground but any thoughts would be great.

Hi guys update on the measurements
Front 420mm and Rear 450mm

The ratio front to rear seems greater than the vans on the spreadsheet you kindly recommended. I can only assume the previous owner carried weight which must have balanced it out. The question is what to do now?

The ratio front to rear seems greater than the vans on the spreadsheet you kindly recommended. I can only assume the previous owner carried weight which must have balanced it out. The question is what to do now?
Hi Andy,

Is there any way you can get a photo of the front and rear suspension so we can have a look? It does sound slightly unusual for the rake to be that steep and the arch measurements that different.

Do you know if the lowering was done using just springs or with springs and upgraded shocks or coil over kit?

Hi Chris thanks for your comments. I bought the van used so was assuming standard everything however living with it realised not quite right. Will get some photos on later but poking my head under looks very standard if that makes sense.

That van is 40 mm drop in the front and 10 at the rear ( or 20 if its a T32 ) , Its a safer van raking forward that way but wont look right . should be 460 all around or 470 rear on T 32 . It looks like its got H&R springs BUT as usual all the clever sellers of these springs have no idea how to spec them for each van . I would guess that rear spring is the - 2 heavy one and if the van is empty , it will sit too high . Have to say all the discounters Of the H&R spring range are clueless on supplying the correct spring , and i would say 60 to 70 % of the complaints i receive about H&R springs have been supplied incorrectly .
Need to change the rear springs !! or fit standard back if you dont want the van low ??

Hi there, yes we can supply 2 x rear 29270 HA -1 springs for you , where are you so i can quote delivery ?? If you want to collect and maybe have them installed let us know who is closest Chris in Somerset or us in the west Midlands , we can both sort it for you

Hi Steve thanks for the reply. It turns out I am only 30 minutes from yourself so will give you a call later to get sorted.

Thanks to Steve @CRS Performance I am now sorted. My van proved to be a little bit of a pain but Steve went beyond the call of duty to ensure everything was perfect before I left. His knowledge and expertise ensures he can get the required result. It’s nice to see such a dedicated and honest team in this day and age, they deserve all the credit they receive.

Thanks to Steve @CRS Performance I am now sorted. My van proved to be a little bit of a pain but Steve went beyond the call of duty to ensure everything was perfect before I left. His knowledge and expertise ensures he can get the required result. It’s nice to see such a dedicated and honest team in this day and age, they deserve all the credit they receive.
Unusual problem you had there , BUT all down to H&R springs being sold by suppliers not knowing which one to supply . The Van should have had the light springs front and rear but it had been fitted with the heavier springs in error . this gave a 10 mm drop at the rear and 30 mm drop in front , Fitting the light rear spring only achieved 30 mm because the heavier front spring was actually taking weight from the rear which stopped it dropping to 40 mm as it should , oh well when you get to fit a proper kit in the future we can sort it out properly ,

Back