Can I move Kombi seats back 8”?

There are a few mounting points on the floor as in the photo. do you have a 2+1 or triple seat, the issue would be the seatbelts mounted on the pillars would be too far forward of the seats I think but not sure. Each dimple in the floor can take a floor mount.

IMG_4353.jpg

You can move it back to the third row see this thread

Triple is fine to move back. Will
Be more than 8 inches and you will need to fit third row belts. We’ve done this many times

seatmounts.png

Sorry for the thread revival but it's very related.

The standard 2+1 seats in a T5 Kombi are mounted in the yellow and green locations.

Can they be mounted in the green and orange locations?

or to put it another way is the spacing between yellow and green the same as between green and orange?

I'm thinking about building a Kombi camper but the seating looks very tight with front seats swiveled and a table mounted between them
1669897555424.png

I know seatbelt mounts would need moving but the provisions are there in the van for that so not the end of the world.

View attachment 180747

Sorry for the thread revival but it's very related.

The standard 2+1 seats in a T5 Kombi are mounted in the yellow and green locations.

Can they be mounted in the green and orange locations?

or to put it another way is the spacing between yellow and green the same as between green and orange?

I'm thinking about building a Kombi camper but the seating looks very tight with front seats swiveled and a table mounted between them
View attachment 180749

I know seatbelt mounts would need moving but the provisions are there in the van for that so not the end of the world.

unfortunately no the spacing is different see links to similar threads above. I measured it in my van when I did third row install. its approximately 1 inch larger between green and orange than green and yellow.

I have seen some pictures of it done in a LWB so maybe thats possible to some degree cant comment though as i have swb

unfortunately no the spacing is different see links to similar threads above. I measured it in my van when I did third row install. its approximately 1 inch larger between green and orange than green and yellow.

I have seen some pictures of it done in a LWB so maybe thats possible to some degree cant comment though as i have swb
Sorry I missed that. you've answered the same question in the other thread about 5 times :) Thanks for answering it here too.

That's such a pity, would be the perfect arrangement in my opinion

Sorry I missed that. you've answered the same question in the other thread about 5 times :) Thanks for answering it here too.

That's such a pity, would be the perfect arrangement in my opinion
haha no worries. Its easy to see why it would be so good.
my next setup is sliding caravelle bench when I've saved up the pennies

Back