Can I have your advice about tyres ?

Alan Ginger

Psychiatric Nurse (retired)
T6 Guru
when I bought my van a few days ago it came with a set of these new wheels and tyres - Can I have your thoughts please ? are they good tyres ? What do you recommend? Our van in now our only vehicle and we will be using it all year round.

P.s had the callipers painted and also the front grille, pictures of which I will post shortly. Many thanks in advance for your support.

66E360D2-17FF-492A-A42B-D6AEF116267E.jpeg

Doesn't inspire confidence! As always, you get what you (or in your case, the previous owner) paid for.
I suspect you're not 100% happy with them, hence the question!

Hi @Alan Ginger .. Those tyres are a Low budget brand..not the best in the world ...but I’d wait to get some wear out of the before looking at replacements and drive accordingly..I currently run on Goodyear eagles F1..but I’m about to buy Michelin Cross Climate Plus
non of which are cheap ..but why not use good tyres that keep us safe ..245 45 18 ( 103 y ) the only other consideration is that they are the correct load rating..if you look on the B pillar you should see a tyre sticker that’s for your vehicle

Doesn't inspire confidence! As always, you get what you (or in your case, the previous owner) paid for.
I suspect you're not 100% happy with them, hence the question!
Thank you Dave this is the type of information I am looking for: my previous vehicles have be minis serviced at the garage things like tyres were changed as require. I asked the question because I thought - why would a company trying to make a bit of profit put top class tyres on the van, so I was just checking out my hunch - I have no idea what the numbers mean on the side of the tyre, the internet is a wonderful thing for that sort of information. Thank you for your reply.

Hi @Alan Ginger .. Those tyres are a Low budget brand..not the best in the world ...but I’d wait to get some wear out of the before looking at replacements and drive accordingly..I currently run on Goodyear eagles F1..but I’m about to buy Michelin Cross Climate Plus
non of which are cheap ..but why not use good tyres that keep us safe ..245 45 18 ( 103 y ) the only other consideration is that they are the correct load rating..if you look on the B pillar you should see a tyre sticker that’s for your vehicle
My wife and I will drive to the standard of the tyre : I will get them changed as required for a much better tyre. Thank you for your advice. I am though not sure at this point what: 245 45 18 ( 103y ) means? Are tyre pressure monitors any good?

My wife and I will drive to the standard of the tyre : I will get them changed as required for a much better tyre. Thank you for your advice. I am though not sure at this point what: 245 45 18 ( 103y ) means? Are tyre pressure monitors any good?

245 is the width
45 is the % of the above '245' size of the trye wall
18 is the wheel size = 18"
103 is the load rating
Y is the speed rating

Back