Can I fit a wind-out awning if I have a drive-away?

CDJONES

Morning all
I have a T6 which has a drive away awning rail fitted I want to fit a wind out also but I was told by needingworth that it won’t fit. To be fair he wasn’t very helpful!
Apparently there a bracket that can be fitted to the rubber rail?
Has anyone fitted this and would it effect the fitting of my air awning
Cheers

Rubber rail? Do you not have a metal rail? Photo?

Morning all
I have a T6 which has a drive away awning rail fitted I want to fit a wind out also but I was told by needingworth that it won’t fit. To be fair he wasn’t very helpful!
Apparently there a bracket that can be fitted to the rubber rail?
Has anyone fitted this and would it effect the fitting of my air awning
Cheers
Like this one we did?

20201119_092711.jpg

20201119_092758_HDR.jpg

20201119_092815_HDR.jpg

This is my set up...which you in turn attach the awning to the Thule wind out awning flap with the 'figure of eight' Kador strip. You can also wind out the Thule awning and then attach your air awning to that.

IMG_3841.jpeg

Have a read of this thread and the associated links off it. Fiamma do a variety of brackets to suit.
what pop top have you got installed? The SCA covers the multi rail channels so you can’t reuse them. If you can still see the channels then these can be used to secure the bracket along with your existing drive away awning rail.

This is my set up...which you in turn attach the awning to the Thule wind out awning flap with the 'figure of eight' Kador strip. You can also wind out the Thule awning and then attach your air awning to that.

View attachment 138162
Hi sorry to jump on this post. We have the wind out sun shade but noticed at weekend when we had the air awning up that water was dripping in the gap between the van and the awning due to the awning not directly attaching to the van itself. Any suggestions ?

Fiamma do a drip stop rubber strip for their awnings, not sure about the other makes. Alternatively a cheaper and easier solution is to use lengths of pipe insulation between the van roof and wind out awning case

Hi sorry to jump on this post. We have the wind out sun shade but noticed at weekend when we had the air awning up that water was dripping in the gap between the van and the awning due to the awning not directly attaching to the van itself. Any suggestions ?
As Airhog says.....pipe insulation does the trick at a fraction of the cost! ;)

IMG_3859.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Fiamma do a drip stop rubber strip for their awnings, not sure about the other makes. Alternatively a cheaper and easier solution is to use lengths of pipe insulation between the van roof and wind out awning case
Thank you. First trip out last weekend in the van and it was raining I've just googled it now and found some. Thanks

Back