Can Anyone Recommend A Tyre Inflator

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
As per the title I’m looking for a tyre inflator to live in the van. They all look pretty rubbish, so a real life endorsement from one of you guys would be a great help. Cheers.

I’ve had a Ring RAC640 for about 4 years, it’s does the job when I need it to. Like you say they all look pretty cheap.

704B3731-C9DE-435F-B299-5692FF558A80.jpeg I bought one of these a couple of years ago and it works just fine, cheap and plastic but only used infrequently and lives under the bonnet by the battery.

Cheers went for the Ring RAC635 in the end £33.69 from Amazon. No doubt I’ll get an alert next week that they’re on a “flash sale” because that’s what usually happens!

I noticed that we are now getting new and different tools that take advantage of our tool batteries, like the workx jet wash thing was one I noticed recently.

I’m in the 18v makita camp so waiting to see what they come up with.

Costco do a small pump for about £30. This is the older version, but it’s pretty similar still.

It’s got a large motor (direct drive) and has rubber feet so is quite quiet.

Most of the small ones have a small motor running fast through a gearbox and can be noisy.

9B3E23F1-E6BC-4974-99FE-231621CB0437.jpeg

Last edited:
I noticed that we are now getting new and different tools that take advantage of our tool batteries, like the workx jet wash thing was one I noticed recently.

I’m in the 18v makita camp so waiting to see what they come up with.

Same here, I'm always on the look out for Makita non-tool related gadgets that will take an 18v battery.

I got the battery adaptor thing that charges phones - Adapter Power USB Makita ADP05 Li-ion 18v LXT for sale online | eBay

Coffee maker - Makita DCM501Z 18v Coffee Machine Cordless Coffee Maker Body Only 88381863131 | eBay

The torch, dab radio, blower and hoover I'd assume everybody already has in their makita cupboard?

I’m Makita as well. They do actually make a cordless inflator but it’s 12volt which seems weird to me, and annoying as like most people my tools are 18volt

... questi gonfiatori sono essenziali se ti trovi come se mi fosse successo di forare la gomma a causa di una vite, durante una pioggia pesante e fuori strada .... Avevo il baule pieno di roba e sarebbe stato un problema da rimuovere tutto da solo per raggiungere gli strumenti per rimuovere la ruota ... invece con il gonfiatore ho pompato la gomma un paio di volte e raggiunto il mio garage ... secondo me è meglio non comprare un gonfiatore troppo economico, forse con un lungo cavo per raggiungere la presa dell'accendisigari e con l'ugello con la leva per tenerlo fermo sulla valvola di gomma ...

Back