Can anyone advise with the VW on the rigged software

John Guppy

VIP Member
Hi Guys in 2017 i purchased a New California which i took in at 500 miles to have a tow bar fitted i watched the vehicle not being worked on for over an hour, when i asked i was told software update !!! i asked why and demanded it to be put back as it was and was told sorry cannot do , after this the MPG was 30 % less and the whole vehicle felt it had lost its edge

Now i have purchased a 2017 shuttle that has only done 19000 and goes well does and indicates very good MPG on the Motorway it can show nearly 100mpg at 1100 rpm this to me sounds like i still have the original software as it all looks as if VW did the same as the USA

In the USA my 3 year old golf i was given the purchase price back plus a years warranty and keep the car

But when i collected my 2017 shuttle I travelled from Wakefield to Hastings on £40 of fuel

On contacting my dealer the want £250 to upgrade

should i keep it as it is

The software update addresses an issue that not enough Adblue is used during regeneration. So it is to improve emissions. Not the same "cheat" you refer to on the Golf.

I guess you can't have it both ways; accept money for poor emissions in the USA but refuse the fix in the UK?

BTW that mpg is an error

Hi Guys in 2017 i purchased a New California which i took in at 500 miles to have a tow bar fitted i watched the vehicle not being worked on for over an hour, when i asked i was told software update !!! i asked why and demanded it to be put back as it was and was told sorry cannot do , after this the MPG was 30 % less and the whole vehicle felt it had lost its edge

Now i have purchased a 2017 shuttle that has only done 19000 and goes well does and indicates very good MPG on the Motorway it can show nearly 100mpg at 1100 rpm this to me sounds like i still have the original software as it all looks as if VW did the same as the USA

In the USA my 3 year old golf i was given the purchase price back plus a years warranty and keep the car

But when i collected my 2017 shuttle I travelled from Wakefield to Hastings on £40 of fuel

On contacting my dealer the want £250 to upgrade

should i keep it as it is
Mate if you are getting 100mpg I would leave well alone.................................

Thanks guys it goes ok but i fear like my other T6 once in the workshop they can do as they please and change anything
The AdBlue says refill next 5000 miles does this sound ?

Thanks guys it goes ok but i fear like my other T6 once in the workshop they can do as they please and change anything
The AdBlue says refill next 5000 miles does this sound ?
If you don’t want any future software updates then don’t take it to VW. 5000 miles range sounds about right on a T6, just forget about it till the van tells you to refill.

Back