Can´t get into gear - 150ps manual

idinabyxor

Swedish member
Hi,

I had some problems shifting from 2nd to 1st gear so tried adjusting the gear linkage.
But the problem is I also opened the second adjuster, that controls the forward/backward motion and I have not reconnected it correct.
So now I have problems getting in reverse and so on…

I’m trying to find how to adjust this but can’t find anything about it when googling..

Do anybody here have an idea? In which position I should lock the adjuster.

IMG_2008.jpeg

Hi there,

I have some problems with my gears...

Gearbox feels great most of the time and shifts smooth and easy.
But a lot of times I almost can not get it into 1st or 2nd gear, usually when starting or coming into a stop and having to shift into 1st from 3rd or 2nd.

Today I left the car on for about 15 minutes to get it warm ( -2 celsius where I live) and when I was about to drive away it could not get into any gear!
I had to roll a bit and rev it some and then with a bit of force it got into 1st.

I have previosly checked the top linkage and this did not help.

Could this be related to clutch? Or maybe engine or gearbox mounts?

1698346663805.png

The car is an 2016 with 10.500km to the clock, and the previous owner replaced the clutch when he had it in for a warranty claim.

I really hope someone can help me with this, before I start to spend some real money on workshops..

I have a 2016 140 manual. The gear change as always been rubbish, especially selecting 1st. Into 2nd and 3rd takes a certain technique for a perfect change. However, I am at nearly 150000 miles dso wouldn't be surprised if the miles have played a part.
Does your clutch drag at all? That is, with the pedal fully down in any gear does it feel like it's trying to turn the wheels?
Also, do you have a 5 or 6 speed 'box?

I have a 2016 140 manual. The gear change as always been rubbish, especially selecting 1st. Into 2nd and 3rd takes a certain technique for a perfect change. However, I am at nearly 150000 miles dso wouldn't be surprised if the miles have played a part.
Does your clutch drag at all? That is, with the pedal fully down in any gear does it feel like it's trying to turn the wheels?
Also, do you have a 5 or 6 speed 'box?
There is no noticable drag when the clutch is fully down.
Its a 6 speed.

It does feel like 1st and sometimes 2nd is completely blocked, like there is a steel plate in the way.

I have searched on the forum and read all other threads but have not found an answer yet..

I have seen other posts in the past talking about the gear change not being the best. When I bought my van about 4 years ago I noticed that the 'box could be temperamental so did a bit searching back then. If I recall, it wasn't unheard of and it hasn't got noticeably worse in the 45k or so since then. Not that I would necessarily notice a gradual change, of course.

Are you spinning the gears in neutral (clutch engaged) between attempts or sat there with the clutch on the floor?
This certainly helps mine, especially on a cold start.

I try both, let the clutch up in neutral or just try directly between diffrent gears.

This problem really bothers me, surely someone must have had a similar issue?

Will it select the gears with the engine off? If so, it's got to be clutch related. If not then possibly an adjustment problem

Yes, so far I have not had problems when engine is off.
Will continue testing, but it looks like I have to take it to a workshop.

Back