Campervan Virgin...

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
Looking to plunge into the world of camping to justify spending the kids inheritance on a van, thing is have we already left it too late to book the third week in May at a site within the Lake District?

Hopefully not but with no awning and just the two of us it seems from where the wife's been looking between NT and CCC sites that more than one swine has already pinched all the places... we don't mind camping next to the bogs... actually that might be a distinct advantage in the middle of the night but getting the impression we might be spending a week on our driveway instead...:whistle:

If your members of the ccc try their smaller cs sites ..plenty to choose from some with full facilities some not..or tour round the area using one night stopovers like Britstops or Campercontact

Try sites that are smaller big sites are always going to be packed.i avoid these like the plague. there’s loads in the lakes and Wales
Eg in the lakes
try great langdale campsite in the langdales .....the veiws are stunning totally rural and a few great boozers within walking distance .wobble back to the van after a few beers and check out the stars it will blow your mind

Try sites that are smaller big sites are always going to be packed.i avoid these like the plague. there’s loads in the lakes and Wales
Eg in the lakes
try great langdale campsite in the langdales .....the veiws are stunning totally rural and a few great boozers within walking distance .wobble back to the van after a few beers and check out the stars it will blow your mind
Agreed, we avoid the large sites if at all possible, packed, noisy kids, noisy adults, expensive. Give me a quiet farm site with a shower & a bog any day.

Have look at A Lake District Campsite on Ullswater | Waterside House Campsite - it's on the shores of Ullswater and about a mile walk along the lake shore into Pooley Bridge with its selection of pubs and places to eat. We've used it a few times over the last few years (it was the first site we stayed on when we got our van) and one we will return to again. For info; anyone that watched "Home from Home" (BBC sitcom from a couple of years ago staring Johnny Vegas among others) may recognise it as it was the location for all of the waterside scenes in the show.

Thank you for all the suggestions gents, the wife has got us booked in for 3 nights in Windermere for a taster as apparently where the hell did I get July from... at least I can read a map the right way up when travelling south.:whistle:

Back