Camperglass

cy294

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi everyone, I have noticed that the internal channel which my "Camperglass" sliding windows slide along, to open and close is wet when after the last few days of rain.

Having only just had them fitted, as I had original OEMs before, I am not sure if this is the norm.

I've posted some pics for you to see, in the hope that this is meant to be the way they drain, as I have seen no puddles of water on the floor or dripping down the internal panels.

TIA

20230312_175219~2.jpg

20230312_175219.jpg

20230312_175216.jpg

20230312_175231.jpg

20230312_175233.jpg

20230312_175237.jpg

20230312_175222.jpg

I have had the same problem @cy294, on and off since we have had our van 4 years).

Never actually leaked into the van, and oddly enough seems to have stopped doing it lately.

Haven’t tried to open the window since last Summer though…

I messaged Camperglass today and had the reply that it was normal and is the process for draining. Odd though, that it happens inside the van.

As a side note, I also said that they were difficult to slide open and closed and was recommended to use silicone spray to help things.

Check the drain channels haven't got any adhesive stuck in the channel. I had a problem where mine was leaking into the van. I had been careless with bonding adhesive which partially blocked the channel. After using a sharp probe I managed to get most of the extra adhesive out of the channel and now it stays dry(ish)

Last edited:
How are people getting on with these windows, are they largely leak free, as I`m considering replacing my original sliding windows that leak no matter what I do with them.

How are people getting on with these windows, are they largely leak free, as I`m considering replacing my original sliding windows that leak no matter what I do with them.
Assuming this post is about the flush camperglass sliding windows.... mine have been fine. Been in some heavy rain. You do get water in the channel mentioned above. But that is the drain channel. If the drain is not blocked, you can pour water in the channel and watch it drain out the drain hole on the exterior of the van.

The only downside is if there's a bit of water in the drain channel, and you quickly close the window, some water can splash out the forward end as it shuts. No biggy though. Great windows with improved design. Would buy again.

Reactions: CAB
Back