Camper conversion WITHOUT pop top roof designs?

C.explores

Hi all!

Our t6.1 has just arrived so we’ve kicked off the conversion process which we’re doing ourselves (eeeek!).

We’ve chosen not to have a pop top, there’s only 2 of us so don’t need extra sleep space and want to camp a little more stealthy, so the price isn’t worth it to be able to stand up occasionally. BUT, I don’t want just a plain carpeted roof. I liked the vanfurniture roof panel but they’re out of stock…

Can anyone who has a converted van without a pop top post a photo of your roof if it’s not just plain carpet to give me some inspiration please?!

Wood or like those floating kinda roofs that are underlit all the way round?!

Any help appreciated!

Hi all!

Our t6.1 has just arrived so we’ve kicked off the conversion process which we’re doing ourselves (eeeek!).

We’ve chosen not to have a pop top, there’s only 2 of us so don’t need extra sleep space and want to camp a little more stealthy, so the price isn’t worth it to be able to stand up occasionally. BUT, I don’t want just a plain carpeted roof. I liked the vanfurniture roof panel but they’re out of stock…

Can anyone who has a converted van without a pop top post a photo of your roof if it’s not just plain carpet to give me some inspiration please?!

Wood or like those floating kinda roofs that are underlit all the way round?!

Any help appreciated!

I’d be slightly wary of a floating roof if it cut appreciably into the height of the interior, I’d want to maximise that.

I've got a pop top, but wanted something to brighten the van up inside. So we did this.... Well we didn't, but our converters did. We came up with a picture, asked them if they could recreate the way the sun was depicted and they said yes....:D

0F272F9C-3F7D-44D6-8BCB-8D56E4F0866A.jpeg

FF9D33A1-A03B-4BDC-BDEB-5A35DEAE1854.jpeg

Hi @C.explores … We like you a have semi convert and brought an x demo van with sunroof … the cab roof liner was copied throughout the van ..A light cloth material…..a few things to think of is how dark the rear will be with any colour chosen and while your doing it make sure to sound proof and insulate…Led lighting is great but can be very bright in the middle of the night so choose wisely…mood/LED strip lights look very nice around the roof panel and you can change colours to suit :)

It’s a Ply floor with grooves cut in to match the ceiling. Treated it with oil, pretty much wipe clean. I did buy a carpet bit to cover the load area, it was just getting a bit battered and scratched. But the passenger area looks better now it’s aged a bit.

Saying all that I wouldn’t be against the altro floor, or even the click/connect actual floorboards.

I’d go with an Altro floor, wood might look better but I wouldn’t want to restrict what I use the van for just because of the floor.

How is the wooden roof attached to the roof of the van?

I have a ukfurniture one waiting to go in, and they said stick it in with window adhesive, but a converter was saying it comes away from wood...

Also I only got 2 supports when 6 is apparently better ;)

Pete

Back