California twin bench seat base removal help?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
T6 Legend
I am trying to find out how to remove the part of the seat that you sit on to modify it to clear the wheel arch.

I have seen on here people have done this.

However I cant find out how to do it. I know there are a coupe of bolts to remove, but I cant find them, or how to get to them.

I've tried, you tube and the wider net as well as this forum but drawn a blank.

Ie this bit:

Screenshot 2022-06-01 at 11.22.36.png

I am trying to find out how to remove the part of the seat that you sit on to modify it to clear the wheel arch.

However I cant find out how to do it. I know there are a coupe of bolts to remove, but I cant find them, or how to get to them.

Ie this bit:

View attachment 158949
Jon i think the bolts are behind the top plastic trim panel - 2 each side.

Ie this bit:

View attachment 158949
It's a pain in the proverbial! Will see where the guide is...

Here: Thread [GUIDE] How to remove a T6 California double rear bench/bed covers and retrim

Last edited by a moderator:
Jon i think the bolts are behind the top plastic trim panel - 2 each side.
Thanks. I thought they must be. Unfortunately i cant work out how to remove that bit and the guide below (although great in many ways) doesn't have that info, or where the bolts are from what i can see.
It's a pain in the proverbial! Will see where the guide is...

Here: Thread '[GUIDE] How to remove a T6 California double rear bench/bed covers and retrim' [GUIDE] How to remove a T6 California double rear bench/bed covers and retrim

Thanks. I thought they must be. Unfortunately i cant work out how to remove that bit and the guide below (although great in many ways) doesn't have that info, or where the bolts are from what i can see.
The top plastic trim bar pulls off forwards, only after you remove two panel clips on the top of the bar, visible when you lift the seat up from the rear, once you unscrew the retaining white straps that prevent the seat lifting. I'll see if I can get a pic as my straps are still hanging loose...
PXL_20220602_122813503.jpgPXL_20220602_122833534~2.jpgPXL_20220602_122827507.jpgPXL_20220602_122858629.jpg

Last edited:
Then you will see four bolts that fix the seat base pad structure on, behind that trim bar.

P.S work from the nearside of the seat

Back