California Solar

RosscoPCole

VIP Member
T6 Guru
We have a T5.1 camper with a solar panel on the roof and find it indispensable for trips away. The trusty T5.1 will soon be replaced and it is looking likely that our new steed will be a T6.1 California. Solar is not a factory option, so how easy is it to get solar fitted to a California and still have it look standard throughout?

I had Roger at Solar Camper Solutions fit 3x100W panels to my Cali Ocean. No drilling, just bolted to the pop top runners. Can't see the panels from the side and they are lower than the factory fit awning case. A discrete Victron MPPT in the rear cupboard is all that you see
IMG_3930.jpeg

IMG_3860.jpeg

I had Roger at Solar Camper Solutions fit 3x100W panels to my Cali Ocean. No drilling, just bolted to the pop top runners. Can't see the panels from the side and they are lower than the factory fit awning case. A discrete Victron MPPT in the rear cupboard is all that you see
View attachment 207607

View attachment 207608

Nigpd, do you know the make and model of your solar panels as it looks like a very neat solution.

Hi. Sorry, I don't. I just put my trust in Roger's reputation. The set up includes a Victron MPPT, tho.

That panel kit fitting the roof rail mounts is excellent. Not seen that before. Neat that it can be fed through the tailgate as well

How much height does it add to the van? Does it still fit under a 2m barrier?

I have a spare 100w California solar panel MPPT and the curly cable that I bought 12 months ago from solar camper solutions for over £500 and have since bought a crafter. Would sell for £300

Last edited:
Back