Calais-ish area camp-site

RosscoPCole

VIP Member
T6 Guru
We are planning an easy trip abroad this summer. Can anyone recommend a campsite with a pool that is within a couple of hours drive from Calais. We are a family of four with teenager and a seven year old.
Thank you in advance.

Not sure what your tastes are but this is a small quiet site within walking distance of a village with bakers etc.
We have used it most trips as it’s close to Calais but more recently found a site which suits us better, which I haven’t mentioned, as no pool.

Gandspette was always our go to but the only minus point that we've ever found with is that it's fairly remote from the nearest outside eatery (their own restaurant is not open all the time and IMHO just isn't as good as it used to be). Earlier this year we stayed at La Bien Assisse which was excellent all round and a bit of a shorter drive to the tunnel or ferries - in July, I timed it at ten minutes to the tunnel. We're back again later this month and thinking of giving Fort du Lapin a go on our first night as we're on an afternoon train - it's nor far from town and seems to have plenty around it. The only problem is that you can't book in August so it's a case of turning up with fingers crossed. If that fails, we will head to either of the other two. CAN ANYBODY COMMENT ON FORT DU LAPIN PLEASE? The website is French only:

@Bargy62. Thanks for that. Maybe I wasn't clear (my fault, sorry) but I've no problem with the language. I was just looking for anybody who's been there and can comment (in English or French would do!).

Back