Cab heating controls - cold or roasting no in-between

Octane85

T6 Pro
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 65 plate T6 and have noticed that I'm struggling to find a decent temperature on the AC (also the same if AC is off)

If I turn it all the way down to Lo, then yes, I get cold air, but anything other than that is hot.
I tried turning it to low and then going one 'click' on the dial at a time and managed two clicks before it got hot - so the knob is pointed around 9 o'clock.

Is this normal in T6's? I'd have thought there would be a more gradual temp increase than this?

I had / have a similar issue. I brought it in due to it being under warrenty and they did a software upgrade and that made the heating have a few more clicks of adjustability but it is still not as adjustable as I think it should be.

I think most of us have the same problem. Mine certainly does. 67 plate from new.

I’ve been sorting out my broken hvac arm this week and thought I’d test the hvac motor actuator for adjustment… from what I can see the actuator moves perfectly when you first turn the ignition on and move the heater dial from hot to cold and cold to hot. After that however, if you try and modulate the temperature with small adjustments the actuator throws a wobbler and starts moving randomly. It also does no work at all for the first 1/3 of a turn on the heater dial.

I’ve been sorting out my broken hvac arm this week and thought I’d test the hvac motor actuator for adjustment… from what I can see the actuator moves perfectly when you first turn the ignition on and move the heater dial from hot to cold and cold to hot. After that however, if you try and modulate the temperature with small adjustments the actuator throws a wobbler and starts moving randomly. It also does no work at all for the first 1/3 of a turn on the heater dial.
Currently trying to find a solution to this issue. I’m going to try a new heater dial panel and actuator motor to see if it solves the issue

Mine has been the same from new - 68 plate. I have just learnt to live with it. I couldn't be bothered with complaining although I should have done.

Same as the above in my late 69 plate. Gotten used to getting the cab warm & then turning the blowers off.

I find mine has more adjustability if it's not on the windscreen setting??? Not really sure how that works but I've just got used to it and if it's too hot I turn the direction knob before the temp one :thumbsdown::D

Back